Genuine OEM VW Sat-Nav...

Place to check out UK-Polos Group Buys!
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Genuine OEM VW Sat-Nav...

Post by cyhliu »

I can get hold of genuine OEM VW Sat-Nav units and was wondering if any of your guys would be interested.

They are factory refurbished units, with either a 6 or 12 months warranty, they come with all the bits you would need to just simply plug in a play (cables, code card and instructions, GPS aerial and an invoice).

There are two versions, either the version D or the newer updated software with added features, version G. I need to negotiate a price for these hence I'm just putting this posting as a 'feeler' for possible interest from you chaps. These units sell for over £2k from the dealers.

If there is enough of you I may be able to organise a group buy...which I will then move this posting to the relevant section.
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Stupid question would it fit in a 6n?
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

They are double DIN sized so I'm not sure, they have a 5" full colour screen...is there a double DIN in the 6n? I can't remember seeing one...

They will work with the VW CD changer and I believe aftemarket ones as well (with additional plug...).
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

Please advise price for the D version, and G, would be tempted
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

I could be interested but i'm more considering the mcd which wont attract the pikey scum around my way.
jazzy
Bronze Member

Post by jazzy »

hey guys, i have fitted one of these recently, and would def recommend it, so if the price is right then u wont regret it!
tom_mk5
Silver Member

Post by tom_mk5 »

Not interested myself as I already have one- but i'm just posting my recommendation of these units- i have the mfd in my 6N2 and it's an absolutely fantastic bit of kit.
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

@ SiDaBa - they are all mcds no? do you mean the version without the larger screen?

@ tom_mk5 - what version do you have?

it is possible to connect these to an amp right?

price and pics pls :)
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

Glad to hear recommendations...especially since I purchased one myself, yet to fit it but will be going in soon!

Will get the prices as soon as a I can...I've emailed the chap but have not heard anything back, I've also moved this posting to the group buy section as this is really for private sales and this I'm afraid isn't! (slapped wrists!).
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

Sounds good m8 8)
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

inder wrote:@ SiDaBa - they are all mcds no? do you mean the version without the larger screen?

@ tom_mk5 - what version do you have?

it is possible to connect these to an amp right?

price and pics pls :)
Well the MCD has a normal lcd display where the colour ones are usually known as MFD's. However due to my ignorance i have no idea what MCD means or MFD means. If any one fancy filling me in it'd be appreciated. :wink:
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

Ahh gotcha, I see what you meant now :D

hmm maybe, MCD = map, crap display lol and MFD = map, full display

j/k hehe :lol:
tom_mk5
Silver Member

Post by tom_mk5 »

Not sure what version mine is mate- it's in a 2001 car and came from factory so i'm not too sure. I'm on the lookout for a 2005 navi disc though so if anyone can help me out...

And yes it can be connected to amps- got my MFD connected up to 2x Alpine amps powering components and Audiobahn sub.:)
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

Ahh okay, the amp stuff sounds good tho 8)

Guess you don't want to get it from VW, the cd, tried eBay? Or perhaps go halves on the price with a m8 or even me if I get one of these lol

:)
tom_mk5
Silver Member

Post by tom_mk5 »

VW want £155. :shock: Not paying that. Had a look on eBay but again similar prices. I would pay up to £100 for one, the less the better.:)