Power Box from Power System. Petrol, Turbo & TDI

Place to check out UK-Polos Group Buys!
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Power Box from Power System. Petrol, Turbo & TDI

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

As mentioned in other threads and fitted to my car ->

The Power Box from Power System is like a tuning box.

For Petrol and Petrol Turbo engines, 5 wires need to be soldered into the wiring loom going into the ECU... An easy job... For TDI engines, it is a simple case of plugging the unit in line, similar to the Tuning Box.

For more information and application guide, visit www.power-system.co.uk

I am currently importing these from the manufacturers, so can offer a good discount over RRP.

As mentioned in another thread, on NA Petrol Engines, the BHP at Max Power is not much more than standard, but driveability is improved (torque) and petrol consumption has actually gone down on my car (an extra 15 miles per tank). I have found that my car pulls stronger in all gears, but is more noticeable in 3rd, 4th and 5th, where the car pulls a lot better than before. On the dyno, the power curve is smooth throughout the rev range.

PRICE PER UNIT:

Petrol: £250
Turbo Petrol: £320
TDi (90, 110): £315
TDi PD (130, 150): £420

All prices include VAT but exclude postage

Postage is £6 for 1 box sent Royal Mail Special Delivery

See www.power-system.co.uk for application guide.

Email josh@pologti.com to order or for more information

If anyone is interested in a group buy, I will see what I can do (ie. Discount!)
blackpologti
Bronze Member

Post by blackpologti »

would be but will wait till u find out the response from the company about ur car.
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Hi Taz

The reason I have put the advert up now is that they phoned me yesterday (I was on the phone for 30 mins!) and they explained a few things to me that have sorted out my queries...

1. The power gains quoted are not at max power
2. The boxes give you more torque, ie. Drivability (which is what I have noticed)
3. The boxes smooth out the power delivery (again, I have noticed this)
4. On N/A engines the boxes (like any chip) cannot make massive differences to Bhp, therefore because rolling roads only measure Bhp and then from that they work out torque, it is difficult to see the gains in torque... (could someone please confirm this?)

I was telling the bloke that it is hard to sell something when all you've got to tell people is a "feeling"... However, I can confirm that after fitting the box, the car feels much more responsive and eager... Pulls in any gear etc...

Polo2k will confirm this (come on 2k, where are you??) as he has had his fitted for months now (and has definately fealt the benefits)... He is planning on going on a R/R soon too, so it will be interesting to see what his figures are like.

Anyway... While writing this, I decided to call Superchips.
They advised the following:
1. They don't do a chip for the GTi, as it is a very complex (seimens) ECU which they havn't been able to modify yet.
2. The power gains would be in the low to mid range, not at max power (Forced Induction engines would benefit at max power but not N/A engines)
3. The power gains would be 10-15% but in the low to mid range

Sounds a bit like a Power Box, no??

Also, they don't do one, so if you want similar results to a Superchip...

GO POWERBOX! :D
blackpologti
Bronze Member

Post by blackpologti »

cool, well im interested if any1 else is.
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Taz

The price is almost £30 off the RRP as it is, so if you're interested, I could get one for you and deliver it to JBS for them to fit it if you'd like?

Send me a PM/MSN or email me (josh@pologti.com) if you'd like to know more...
blackpologti
Bronze Member

Post by blackpologti »

havent got the cash for it right now. all my money is spent ;)
once my visit to jbs is done then i gotta order my interior and i will save for the power box.
blackpologti
Bronze Member

Post by blackpologti »

did jbs fit urs?
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Yeah, they did
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

did someone scream :P
i can confirm that my butt-dyno has defenatly felt this mod.
the whole torque on a dyno is as follows;
torque is proportunal to hp (approximatly) so what the dyno does is finds out the bhp and then number crunches it to give the torque (see http://www.howstuffworks.com)
and i dont know when the dyno is (could be tommorow) what ever it is i will post it on the forum.
and please remember that when you buy a filter or exaust, you are paying more £ per hp than with a powerbox. not to mention the crazy things a filter and exaust that are mismatched can do .
i.e. higher than required exaust will give a slightly lean condition and slightly less power than optimal
or:- lower than required exust will choke the engine and cause a lack of power due to the balance between the forces needed to induct a specific volume of air, and the force needed to sent it out of the exaust, is very unbalanced (hence my tb mod)
on a turbo you will see more gains as the ecu performs more functions dependant upon the value of the signal present in the wires so every thing the powerbox does is amplified.
have fun
polomk6
Getting There!

Post by polomk6 »

im interested !