VAG COM: DIAGNOSTICS FOR YOUR VW

Place to check out UK-Polos Group Buys!
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

VAG COM: DIAGNOSTICS FOR YOUR VW

Post by polo2k »

i have just been reading around in the mk6 polo forum and saw some talk about the vag com. this made me think about how useful they could be when you want to flash the ecu or find out why that CEL is on or any number of other things (toasted sensors etc)
the products will be comming from http://www.vag-com.co.uk and the more we get the less it costs
while i was on the phone to them i was told that package 2 will be best for me (i have a mk5 but would like to interface to some older cars too mk3 golf for example)
i have been told that if we can get 10 bought then we shold get a very reasonable discount (exact prices later)
i will be posting this on some other forums and i would aprichiate (sp?) if you could do the same (these are available for a lot of vw`s seat etc) to link to us copy this like and put it in a post:

Code: Select all

[url]http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/viewtopic.php?t=244[/url]
i would also like to say a big thankyou to RAM at vag com for helping me start this group buy. at the moment this is only a feeler (still have to sort out payment options) and remember tell your friends
i will update thispost later with more deatails :D
hardhitter

Post by hardhitter »

This is very interesting, I didn't know VAG diagnostic equipment was available. Mine has the older 2x2 pin connector. I am definately interested in buying this.
whitie
New

Post by whitie »

how much?
r the leads inclusive?

cheers
Ram®
New

VAG-COM

Post by Ram® »

Hi There, Good to see your posts here!

Just a quick intro - My name is Ram® and I work for Cister Automotive in Oxfordshire.

My Colleague Philippa and I head up the VAG-COM section.

Our website can be found at www.vag-com.co.uk.

The VAG-COM tool is not the same as a VAG-1551/2 tool issued to Main Dealers, but a product designed to be utilised with a laptop/notebook or desktop PC to connect to your vehicle.

The package consists of Software, Interface and an Activation certificate.

Please see this link for details and FAQs.

Group buy pricing is as follows for Packages 1 through 7
  • 1 to 10 units 10% discount (before carriage)
    11 to 20 units 12% discount (before carriage)
    21+ units 15% discount (before carriage)
Check with Josh or Ashley for details on how to sign up...

Best wishes,

Ram®
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

hi ram nice to speak/see you again this is being a little slow to get off the round (HINT everyone please concider this purchase) and thank you for posting all the specifics (i didnt manage to due to technical problems- do i need a vag-com for my pc :P) and a third thank you for the correction about it not being exacty the same as the vw too but however it does perform the same function

everyone please look at the prices and tell all your friends/local garages as the more people we can get the cheeper it is
and for any one who wants one please express your interest in this post.
and im sure i speak for all when i say that we are very grateful for the opertunaty to buy these "tools" at these prices
ps i am the Ashley refered to in the above post :)
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Can it change things like the steering settings the new polo apparantly has, and the options to lock the doors above 10mph (i think thats it). Not that it's worth buying just for that but it would be a bonus.
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

i should imagine so but if you look on the site mentioned in am@`s post then you may see somthing or if were lucky he`ll post (or ill fone him)
Ram®
New

VAG-COM - what does it do?

Post by Ram® »

mole wrote:Can it change things like the steering settings the new polo apparantly has, and the options to lock the doors above 10mph (i think thats it). Not that it's worth buying just for that but it would be a bonus.
Hi Mole,

I'm not sure about what settings you'd wish to change regarding the steering, although I can confirm it its possible to set the ECU to enable the vehicle's "anti-hijack" facility which automatically locks the doors and fuel flap when the car reaches 15mph.

It's the ideal tool for the following scenarios if you have ever wanted to:
  • Find out what problems there are with your vehicle before it goes into the garage for repair?
    See if your garage has attended to faults reported by the vehicle's computer (ECU) after it has been returned from servicing?
    Reset the Oil Service Light after you've serviced your vehicle yourself?
    Match new keys to your vehicle's immobiliser?
    Change over ECUs?
    Interrogate your vehicles Instruments, Climate control, Audio, Navigation, Security system and more?
    Install Cruise Control?
    Set "anti-hijack" options?
    Set window and sunroof "closure" options?
    Measure temperature and pressure settings within your engine?
All this and much much more!

For more details on what you can do - please see the following pages:

Introduction
Common Uses

Best wishes,

Ram®