alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Yep straight on the site :D
phillyt1988
New

Post by phillyt1988 »

ok and just quote uk-polos? i check the site and the kit im after normally retails for £260 so im guessing there must be something i have do to get the discount!
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

enter ASTRA in the promotional code part
phillyt1988
New

Post by phillyt1988 »

nice one fella hopefully the promo will still be on next month when i've got the cash for this otherwise i might cry!
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

Anyone had any problems trying to place an order with HID4U ? Reason i ask is i tried to order mine today, Recieved an email to say yep your transaction was successful etc etc.....Checked my account and the relevant amount had been deducted BUTTTTTT when i checked with HID4U over the phone just to confirm they had reieved payment they replied "NO" we have an order sent in under your name but payment hasnt been made.......Anyone else experience any thing similar or is it just me ? :?
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

My card wouldnt go through to begine with, so I placed my order over the phone and all went through fine
Ian_R
Gold Member

Post by Ian_R »

Had a quick read through this, i said in another, I got mine from HIDS Direct of Ebay, Guy was top notch had a problem with bulb, replaced it free of charge, these normally retail at £50 + really friendly and reliable service, and all it cost me for the Kit Delived was £93
PD
Silver Member

Post by PD »

i am thinking of getting some hids now, but the thing is i want to have a xenon full bean aswell as dip beam because i think it looks a bit odd when you are driving around with full beam.

what does every one think, what do you guys do about this? i am sure alot of you must feel the same.
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

you barely need full beam with HIDs if they are adjusted coorectly anyhow :P
Silver Member

Post by 8080 »

HIDs aren't suitable for full beam really since there's a warm-up time when you switch them on
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Tis a very good point - they take 2 or 3 seconds to get up to full brightness.

Although you could use them as a constant high beam, flashing wouldnt be very effective at all
M7
Gold Member

Post by M7 »

when im on the open roads when i'd normally use main bean i just raise might lights up slightly. they fill up more of the road than main beam! the only different is main beam scatters up higher so the tops of the trees light up when theyre not needed to be seen really
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

Yes finally got mine ordered after like 3 days pending payment. You lot are v.v.v.v.confusing with all this main beam dipped beam stuff lol. Can someone explain ?? As i see it on ur light swtich (ON a MK5 6N2) You have 2 options, Dipped Beam and the Main beam, Then you also have another source of light via the Flash, When you flash and your MAIN beam is on the Flash Stays on......Everyone following ??

So could someone explain what the dip beam is and what the mean beam is and what the flash (When it stays on) is ??

Cheers
PD
Silver Member

Post by PD »

Omz_6N2 wrote:Yes finally got mine ordered after like 3 days pending payment. You lot are v.v.v.v.confusing with all this main beam dipped beam stuff lol. Can someone explain ?? As i see it on ur light swtich (ON a MK5 6N2) You have 2 options, Dipped Beam and the Main beam, Then you also have another source of light via the Flash, When you flash and your MAIN beam is on the Flash Stays on......Everyone following ??

So could someone explain what the dip beam is and what the mean beam is and what the flash (When it stays on) is ??

Cheers
i only mentioned it because i went and saw alex's hids the other day and they looked good but i just thoght it looked funny when full beams where on because the full beams where the standard yellow bulbs.

my dads car has xenon lights and i am sure its not got the standard yellow full beam lights i am pretty sure they are xenon aswell, i am not really sure how it works any way. I do notice that they take a few secs to warm up so i am not sure how the main beam lights work.
Ian_R
Gold Member

Post by Ian_R »

Seriously how did people get a licence

You have your

Sidelights

Dipped Beam (Normal lights at night When Driving)

Mainbeam/Fullbeam (For Dark Roads) You get the Little Blue Light that Comes on in the Dash with this One)