HID's

Place to check out UK-Polos Group Buys!
h4r1s
Platinum Member
Location: Leicester/Sheffield Drives: Polo MKV-6N2 1.4SE 16v 75BHP

Post by h4r1s »

alexperkins wrote:A complete new headlight assembly with new reflector and lens. The standard headlight cant cope with the 3x extra light output - which gives you a beam thats all over the place.
anybody know how much this would cost and where you can get them from?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Unfortunately, the only headlight which can be used as a replacement for the polo that is HID certified is the GTi headlights. They are available either from eBay, or from companies such as VAG Parts or similar - its an expensive choice, but worth the extra money as you end up with official HID headlights.
Silver Member

Post by 8080 »

These are good reads too:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech ... sions.html

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech ... tages.html
The only safe and legitimate HID retrofit is one that replaces the entire headlamp—that is lens, reflector, bulb...the WHOLE shemozzle—with optics designed for HID usage. In the aftermarket, it is possible to get clever with the growing number of available products, such as Hella's modular projectors available in HID or halogen, and fabricate your own brackets and bezels, or to modify an original-equipment halogen headlamp housing to contain optical "guts" designed for HID usage. But just putting an HID bulb where a halogen one belongs is bad news all around.
Some people say putting the HIDs into the projector of FK Angel Eyes solves the problem.. any thoughts?
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

A good read indeed. You are partially correct about the angel eyes. They have projection lenses, which will create a much crisper beam of light and sort most of the beam dispersion problems. I think there is a kit for them to give them proper optical 'guts' to get the best possible HID output from them, but can't remember where i saw it unfortunately :(

Also, for those who are still going ahead, purchase will be via the use of a group discount code on hids4u.co.uk, so you can purchase your kit within up to two months from the date of me issuing the code to you guys.

I will post more information when there are enough names on the list.

I have also posed the question of legality to them with the beam problems - I am awaiting the reply as I type :)
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

UPDATE

Right I now have the code for the discount on the site. Go to www.hids4u.co.uk and choose the kit applicable to your car in the Xenon Conversion Kits category. At the checkout, in promotional code, enter ASTRA.

This will knock the price down to the previously quoted prices of £109.19 for H7 and whatever it was for H4 (i cant see the post where i said it in the review below:P) - its even cheaper than what i quoted. (This price is for the pro kit for cars pre 2002 - post 2002 need the ultimate kit which is £129.99)

I found a pic of a 6n2 with an HID upgrade on standard headlights, and the results were quite astounding - the angel eyes look even more incredible!

So ye, please place your order directly via the website - saves the need for confusion through me doing a mass order!

(As well as this, I have taken the liberty of ordering myself a set - if they dont work Ill just sell them on :D)

Cheers!
mjmills
Bronze Member

Post by mjmills »

Alex, dont suppose they said how long they will keep this offer going? p.s. your a legend, thats a £120 discount off R.R.P!
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Hehe cheers dude! Well a few months max, but personally, order it as soon as you can. Ive ordered my set - should be here within a few days :D
Randall
Gold Member

Post by Randall »

waiting for pay day then i shall be getting me a set :twisted:

Well done alex mate! I shall post up some pics of my journey (setup)
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

Sounds good. Im going to have to put my order in as soon as i get paid :P. Can someone just confirm they will fit the 6N2 FK Angel Eyes ?? as all the above reading as totally baffeled me :s
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

The answer is yes they will :D
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

Ok 1 more question, Would it be a straight fit as in i just have to follow the instructions ?? or would i need to mod the headlights in anyway,shape or form ?
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Its a straight fit just follow the instructions :)
M7
Gold Member

Post by M7 »

alexperkins wrote:UPDATE

Right I now have the code for the discount on the site. Go to www.hids4u.co.uk and choose the kit applicable to your car in the Xenon Conversion Kits category. At the checkout, in promotional code, enter ASTRA.

This will knock the price down to the previously quoted prices of £109.19 for H7 and whatever it was for H4 (i cant see the post where i said it in the review below:P) - its even cheaper than what i quoted. (This price is for the pro kit for cars pre 2002 - post 2002 need the ultimate kit which is £129.99)

I found a pic of a 6n2 with an HID upgrade on standard headlights, and the results were quite astounding - the angel eyes look even more incredible!

So ye, please place your order directly via the website - saves the need for confusion through me doing a mass order!

(As well as this, I have taken the liberty of ordering myself a set - if they dont work Ill just sell them on :D)

Cheers!

spot on mate! excellent work. i'l be ordering a couple sets in the next couple days
Omz_6N2
Getting There!

Post by Omz_6N2 »

For the FK Angel eyes on a 6N2 Which kit would i need ? (Sorry not sure if my bulbs are H7 or H4) and will one kit work for both Dipped beam and main lights ?
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Omz_6N2 wrote:For the FK Angel eyes on a 6N2 Which kit would i need ? (Sorry not sure if my bulbs are H7 or H4) and will one kit work for both Dipped beam and main lights ?
Best bet is either look in the manual or take the bulbs out. If its H4 then yes it will work for both, otherwise it will just work for dipped beam on H7