Paul's 9n3 TDi

Post pictures of your car! (Max size 30k each - 800x600)
eatsleepsnowboard
New

Paul's 9n3 TDi

Post by eatsleepsnowboard »

Hi,

just thought I'd give a brief introduction as I'm a total newbie to the forum.

Left the petrols to join the dark side and purchased myself a 55 plate 130 TDi around 3 months ago,

the idea at the minute is to keep her looking OEM.

Took the egr valve and throttle body off to clean and whacked a new air flow sensor on.

I then took her to Big Fish Tuning near Middlesbrough around two weeks to get a custom remap and egr delete. John did a great job, over the moon! Running 182bhp with a slight power dip sadly but she's got 91,000 on the clock so can't be too fussy. Will upload the graph once he's emailed it through.

Currently trying trying to source a new set of alloys, can't decide between the Contours and the Sports....

Next job after getting some new rubber and alloys is a set of coilovers and rear anti roll bar (recommendations needed) ...

Any recommendations/concerns more than welcome and greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Paul.
Eddie9n
Bronze Member

Re: Paul's 9n3 TDi

Post by Eddie9n »

Liking this so far, a good starting point is a simple map. Plus, I've heard loads of good things about bft. I'll be heading there shortly to get mine sorted. I've got a polo 130 too, I'll get a couple of pictures up shortly as I'm now running some new wheels.
eatsleepsnowboard
New

Eddie9n wrote:Liking this so far, a good starting point is a simple map. Plus, I've heard loads of good things about bft. I'll be heading there shortly to get mine sorted. I've got a polo 130 too, I'll get a couple of pictures up shortly as I'm now running some new wheels.
I'm on the hunt for a set of sports so feel free to put a price on your old ones if your not wanting to keep them for winters ha :wink:
Eddie9n
Bronze Member

Post by Eddie9n »

eatsleepsnowboard wrote:
Eddie9n wrote:Liking this so far, a good starting point is a simple map. Plus, I've heard loads of good things about bft. I'll be heading there shortly to get mine sorted. I've got a polo 130 too, I'll get a couple of pictures up shortly as I'm now running some new wheels.
I'm on the hunt for a set of sports so feel free to put a price on your old ones if your not wanting to keep them for winters ha :wink:
Got a quick picture of mine today for a little bit of inspiration. - Not the best picture.. The windows aren't tinted..

Also, I would prefer to keep my old wheels for winters unless we could arrange something with your ones? Are your standard ones 16"?
eatsleepsnowboard
New

Nice!! Wheels look sweet! Sits soo much nicer on coilovers. How you finding the KW's?

Might need to invest in one of them aerials to, mines like a fishing rod.

Little jealous of it being the 3 door model as well ha.

Nope just 15's sadly pal.
Eddie9n
Bronze Member

Post by Eddie9n »

Ha thanks, they're vw elovos which were originally off a bora. KW's are a brilliant piece of kit, no denying that. Just occasionally it does feel a little stiff.. Not bouncy or rough just you feel every niggle and bump on the road surface. As a result though, it handels brilliantly. Ha, the areil is there just for show, bit of a gimic as the reception is now appoiling and fluctuates between hardly bearable and fuzzy. I'll be changing it for a polo 6r one shortly as they're nice and short but not too short that it affects reception. Damn, if your wheels were 16" I would have taken your ones for exchange of my old ones. I need at least 16" to clear my 312mm brakes..

Where you from by the way? You don't come across many 130's and figured we must be near-ish to one another if you went to bft.
eatsleepsnowboard
New

I might have to invest in a 6r one as well then!

Ahh I sees, not to worry pal, grabbed a set of 16inch monzas for the time being, was pretty much running slicks on my 15's, refused to buy new tyres for them ha.

I'm from Newton Aycliffe pal, just up past Darlington.