Posting images using imageshack.us

Post pictures of your car! (Max size 30k each - 800x600)
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Posting images using imageshack.us

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Hi peeps,

I've noticed quite a few threads in the testing forum regarding the free hosting of pics for users to post on the forum, you know, like signatures, member's rides, and just random pictures generally!

Anyway, seems a lot of people use Sony's Imagestation and then find they can't display these pictures properly to everyone else - this is because Sony placed restrictions on the use of Imagestation as a free-to-use image hosting website - if you are signed in as a Sony Imagestation member you can see the relevant images; if not, you can't. Thats about the limit of my technical understanding of the matter, for what its worth :)

So:

The place to go, if you want to host your images for free, is www.imageshack.us - I use it all the time to host images, including my sig pic, and its great. Even provides you with all the options you might need to post your pictures on the Internet or on forums and message boards such as UK-P.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Go here: www.imageshack.us

2. You get this front screen:

3. Click on Browse, and locate the file you want to upload on your hard drive.

4. Click Host It!

5. You then get this screen:

For UK-P, you need to copy the top right hotlink - highlighted in the image above. Highlight and copy all the text you can see - don't worry if some seems to be missing, it'll turn up when you paste the link in the next step. Other options for different uses, like Ebay, are shown too.

6. Copy and paste the link, which will include the [img] tags, into the UK-P message you are in the process of creating, it'll look something like this (I've put spaces in the IMG tags to show you the code):
[ IMG]http://img150.exs.cx/img150/1646/images ... ons5ut.jpg[/IMG ]

7. Click Preview to preview your post and check to see that the image displays OK. If it doesn't, run through the process above and recover your steps - its a pretty hassle-free process though, and rarely goes wrong!

8. You're done! Now you can congratulate yourself with a frosty beer :D if you want to post another image, click on the ImageShack hyperlink at the top left there.

Hope this helps out, both for regulars and new members - if any moderators would like to Sticky this post up, that'd be great :wink: or if anyone wants to add something I've forgotten or ask questions, feel free to post away!

Cheers

Si