toxxin's new car?

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
DanDiesel
Sponsor

toxxin's new car?

Post by DanDiesel »

when did toxxin get a new car? last thing i knew he still had a *cough* focus *cough*
please enlighten us mate :D
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

Well, I've been getting annoyed with the Focus lately and thought about what I could get for cheap to rat around in and sell on for a bit of a profit. I looked around and saw Ibiza GTIs going for silly money. I tracked this one down on eBay and managed to get it for £900. It's done 70k, just had a new head put on at SEAT, 2 owners from new, easily sortable rust, I'm very happy!

I just need to change the front lights as it has gay morettes, get some suspension as the shocks are knackered (advise on last MOT!) and get some new alloys as the standard ones are corroded to death and worth nothing.

Pics here: http://ibizagti.fotopic.net

I think I got a billy bargain! I used the Focus today and I officially hate it. Its comfortable, well laid out, and handles better but the Ibiza does it for me! As soon as I'm back off my hols, the Ford's getting fixed up and sold! I was involved in a minor accident and I need to get a new headlamp and foglamp, already got the bonnet sorted. I also need to get the paint and dents sorted, and get the 2 front wheels refurbed as the previous owner never cleaned them.

God I need to sleep!
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

looks tidy mate!! seen those wheels on a Cordoba gti round my way which looked sweet!!
sure u'll have all the little niggles sorted in no time!!
Polo Paul
Silver Member

Post by Polo Paul »

Theres something about the Ibiza GTi, its not the fastest, nor the best handling car but it is cheap and reliable and gives you a great feeling when you drive it. When I had one I felt 'connected' with it and it is still a stunner to look at!
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

Dan, I'll be getting rid of the standard wheels, they're peeling to death! I love the look of them but on closer inspection, they're just nasty!

Paul, Its certainly quick enough for what I need, the Focus has a 2.0 16v with 128bhp and its completely gutless. At least the Ibiza at has torque :) The difference in weight also has a lot to do with it!

I thought you were after an Ibiza GTI?
Polo Paul
Silver Member

Post by Polo Paul »

Yeah i am after one still, not the perfect car, but i love them :D Problem is i keep finding wrecks that need work for too much money or good ones that have crazy prices of £3k +
Ross Clarke
Bronze Member

Post by Ross Clarke »

150 bhp they aint to shabby, ABF is a cracking engine.