Opinions on Ibiza Cupra 1.8T?

Forum to discuss the Seat Ibiza
cuprabaz
Getting There!

Post by cuprabaz »

between 350 and 550, that's for chip/remap. which depending on the company will give you 190-210bhp on a stanard car.

Not sure how to post pics on this forum, advice needed!!
cuprabaz
Getting There!

Post by cuprabaz »

How do i post pictures on this forum???
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

cuprabaz wrote:How do i post pictures on this forum???
http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... .php?t=358

might help a lot - basically you need somewhere to host them thats avaliable for public viewing and then it gets real easy
ck6uk
Bronze Member

the revo ecu upgrade

Post by ck6uk »

my m8 has the seat cupra 1.8T its 150 bhp standard n we went into a shop called big boys toys near lake side n they gave us a free 5 hour trial of the revo software, the rated bhp was 200 as it was only 80% of wat it can be due to being a trial

all i can say is WOW we raced a 3.0 supra n left him for s**t, the car was still pulling after 100 it was truly awsome and well worth the money it costs for the full thing

150 bhp - 212 bhp wow
damci
Bronze Member

Post by damci »

Why not wait for the new polo gti?
ck6uk
Bronze Member

mark 3 is the REAL polo

Post by ck6uk »

as above
mk4polo
Getting There!

Post by mk4polo »

how could i let this thread without giving my input...

i had a mk3 cupra 20vt for 2yrs uptill 6months ago, what a car...i do regret selling it (now anyway)

I spent a lot of money on the engine, about 2500-3000 and i had 252bhp and 259ft/lbs of torque. it was one quick car, best car i can honestly claim to keeping with is a e46 M3...upto 130mph anway (jeez those things fly above 100)

i often went to santapod, my final best recorded time was 13.6 @ 104.2 mph. that was in total road trim, only minus the rear seats. I did plenty of 13.8s aswell, which for a time was the fastest i thought it would do.

As above, the only real thing was the driving position, im over 6ft and ive got a slightly fussy back, and i always used to get back ache after driving it of a while, say an hour and a half. They have a few niggly things that can go wrong with them, but most cars do to be totally fair.
In Std trim, they aint all that great, but a remap, suspension/spacers then they are good.

As i said, i now wish i had never sold it....oh well, live and learn i guess.

Mark Burton
hedgehogharvey
Bronze Member

Post by hedgehogharvey »

mk4polo wrote:
I spent a lot of money on the engine, about 2500-3000 and i had 252bhp and 259ft/lbs of torque. it was one quick car, best car i can honestly claim to keeping with is a e46 M3...upto 130mph anway (jeez those things fly above 100)

i often went to santapod, my final best recorded time was 13.6 @ 104.2 mph. that was in total road trim, only minus the rear seats. I did plenty of 13.8s aswell, which for a time was the fastest i thought it would do.
Hi Mark,

I live next door to Lee who used to own the Red Seat Ibiza Cupra (known as leepey74)

I remember his car used to go like s**t off a shovel!!!! He told me how quick your car was, and witnessed how quick it was at santapod last year.

Lee is looking for a new toy at the momment as well, that wont cost as much as the Seat to modify (and will do more then 150 miles on a tank of juice --- BUT WHAT FUN!!!!!!)

Cheers Rich 8)
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

I just drove one today and highly recommend it. If I could afford it, I'd have it in an instant