Car Value

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
hello1
New
Drives: 1.2 S

Car Value

Post by hello1 »

How much can I get for a '06 Polo 1.2 S'. It has:

42k on the clock
5 Doors
Full service history from Volkswagen
Only one owner from the beginning
Colour is silver
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Car Value

Post by RUM4MO »

If I were you, I'd be dropping by a supermarket and check out the Parker Guide which most of them stock. Depends on how you are selling it and if it is being chopped in against a newer car, very few prices are fixed in stone!
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

You could also check We Buy Any Car. You can get an indicative valuation from their website, which will give you an idea of what you'd get if you just sold your car to a dealer, rather than part exchanging against another car.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Hum, on that age of car I'd expect We Buy Any Car to give a depressingly low price - then pester you for years with the offer of new unbeatable prices - w**kers!

Oh when you turn up to let them see the car be prepared for them to half that price due to small imperfections, which is strange as it is an 11 year old car - same comment as above!
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Yes, you can't accuse WBAC of being generous. :)

I have a friend who moved overseas and needed to sell his 10 year old car quickly, so he went to WBAC. He'd got an indicative valuation on their website and had answered 'no' to the question regarding whether or not there was any damage to the car.

He found out when WBAC appraised his car that they consider normal wear and tear that you'd expect to find on a 10 year old car (a few small stone chips) to be damage, and they promptly adjusted their website valuation figure price down!

I suppose at least you know their 'unadjusted' web valuation is a rough guide to the bottom trade value. Before I part exchanged my last car, I got an internet valuation from WBAC, purely because it was another figure to compare to the likes of Parkers, What Car, CAP and the dealer's part ex. offer.
bvs
Silver Member
Drives: 02 1.4s 16v

Post by bvs »

No 2 daughter asked about car valuations the other day and I got a quickie from Autotrader,although you do need to be registered with autotrader to use it.