Black Polo GTI 6 Speed. 390 BHP Build

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Re: Black Polo GTI 6 Speed. 320BHP. Update page 55

Post by Mr Blobby »

Come on then??? Surely something has happened ti this car :)
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Dub_Dan wrote:The reaction on some peoples faces when they get blown away by a 320bhp polo must be priceless...
Yes it is lol
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

ryanday91 wrote:thats mad! nice work, like the headlights also!
Thanks man :mrgreen:
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Npyke wrote:Through out this whole thread ive been trying to tihnk where is place in the pictures, looks familiar! im from southend too, i noticed you said at the start of your thread you was here visiting and then later on i tihnk you said you had moved? maybe i got that wrong! read all 55!! pages of this thread, amazing work done, patience and patience with members questions! :D

Ive heard rumours of this polo around southend with in the "scene", would be great to get in contact with you closer to the time of me possibly purchasing a polo to get your thoughts on what is best, and what not to touch (Forge FMIC for example)! do you ever drive this around or is it just a weekend car as ive never seen this about and im out and about fairly often in either my car or other peoples cars!

would be great to hear back from you buddy!
Hi Mate.

Yes live in Southend now. been up here for about 2.5 years.
It's not been out much over the last year or so but it's now out and about at weekends as this is the only time I get to drive it.

Give me a shout someday always happy to help where I can
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Re: Black Polo GTI 6 Speed. 320BHP. Question page 41. Help

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Gti1927 wrote:
9N3 Turbo wrote:Got these today. Only a small change but I'm fed up of seeing the dirty marks on the blue ones that come with the car.

Only £8.50 each too :mrgreen:

Where did u get the washer cap from and is it a genuine black cap or just a painted blue one?
Got them from AKS Tuning http://www.akstuning.co.uk/

And yes they're genuine items in black not painted.

Mine will be in the for sale section soon along with coolant bottle cap.
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Mr Blobby wrote:Come on then??? Surely something has happened to this car :)
Hello mate. Long time no speak. Hope all is well.

Haven't been on here a while as the car has been a massive pain and the other half had been moaning about the amount of time i had been spending in the garage. Also moved and have been getting ready for the new arrival due next month.

Anyway the story goes something like this.
After painting the calliper and fitting them when I went to bleed the system I realised the bleed nipples weren't sealing due to the threads being f'd.
So bought another set of Tarox callipers and got the car ready for MIVW.

Still was having issues with the brakes but luckily made it to Holland and back without crashing the car :shock:

I have only just sorted the issue which was me fitting the master cylinder back without the rod from the servo in the correct place (school boy error).

Have now completed 900 miles and just been on the phone to Badger 5 to tweak the map and up the boost.

Sad thing is i have to sell the car next year so just tidying up a few bits to get it ready to sell as I don't get to enjoy it much and the money is better off spent elsewhere.
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

It has been a while! I've been waiting for you to finish your car haha.
Everything's good with me, I still have the Subaru and its just simply awesome! So much better that I thought :) 300bhp as standard and being able to use it all is so much fun... And the sound!

Glad to hear its nearly finished :) at least you can drive it now and finally enjoy your masterpiece.
Get some photos up when you went to holland? And videos ha. Is it very drivable with all that power?
Shame you have to sell but what a car :)
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Thought I should get a couple of pics up as it's been a while.

9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Next up a trip to Badger 5 to tweak the map to take into account the new head and while I'm there up the boost :-)
dave9n3
New

Post by dave9n3 »

Wow this looks awesome bet its a right beast
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

dave9n3 wrote:Wow this looks awesome bet its a right beast
Thanks dude and yes it is. God knows what it'll be like once the boost has been turned up. :mrgreen:
adzpz
Getting There!

Post by adzpz »

What a machine!! Still thinking of selling?
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

adzpz wrote:What a machine!! Still thinking of selling?
Thanks dude.

Yeah jut spent the last couple days writing up the spec so will be posting it up very soon.
Dels_concept_gti
New

Post by Dels_concept_gti »

omg I have just scanned through this thread started at 5pm till 12midnight haha amazing amount off effort gone into this I would love to pick your brains over a beer as purchased my 9n3 gti about 6 month ago
done the usual

-miltek non res
-de cat
-forge tip
-forge split r dv
-stage 1 map from awesome gti

looking to get the following soon
-FMIC
-PD160 intake
-cone in a box like yours
-maybe k04

I was woundering if you could help with an issue I have water "leak" its using quiet abit tbf and the light flashs at me : | so I get out look at the expansion bottle to see its nearly empty : \ as soon asi remove the cap (hot) slowly obvs lol the bottle fills back to max also dose this when its cold leave it for a wile and it dose drop but only to the min mark top it up and next day same thing : / ..I have had 4 people look at it and nobody can tell me whats going on annoying had a coolant pressure test done 10bar and it didn't move so he tells me if it had a leak it would show on the gauge buy loosing pressure iv changed the expansion bottle and cap as was told mine was fooked but still the problems there I really hope somebody can help me out before a trip to VW £££££££ in live in Bradford west Yorkshire if somebody would be kind enough to sort this
cheers
olly
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Dels_concept_gti wrote:omg I have just scanned through this thread started at 5 till now haha amazing amount off effort gone into this I would love to pick your brains over a beer as purchased my 9n3 gti about 6 month ago
done the usual

-miltek non res
-de cat
-forge tip
-forge split r dv
-stage 1 map from awesome gti

looking to get the following soon
-FMIC
-PD160 intake
-cone in a box like yours
-maybe k04

I was woundering if you could help with an issue I have water "leak" its using quiet abit tbf and the light flashs at me : | so I get out look at the expansion bottle to see its nearly empty : \ as soon asi remove the cap hot slowly obvs lol the bottle fills back to max also dose this when its cold I have had 4 people look at it and nobody can tell me whats going on annoying had a coolant pressure test done 10bar and it didn't move so he tells me if it had a leak it would show on the gauge buy loosing pressure iv changed the expansion bottle and cap as was told mine was fooked but still the problems there I really hope somebody can help me out before a trip to VW £££££££ in live in Bradford west Yorkshire if somebody would be kind enough to sort this
cheers
olly
Hi Olly and thanks for taking the time to read my extensive build.
Happy to chat over a beer but I expect Bradford to Essex is a long drive lol

Can you actually see any water on the ground?
Does your heater blow hot air?
Does your fan cut in?
Does the temp gauge go over half way?
If not a common place for water to leak from is the bottom right hand side of the rad.
If this all looks to be in order it could be that you have an air lock in the system.
As water system is pressured when you remove the cap the water level will rise.
To get rid of the air lock I run the car from cold with the cap off till the water reaches half way then close the cap and wait for the fan to cut in. If the fan doesn't come in and temp goes over half way I turn it off leave for 30 mins then take cap off put more water in and run again with cap off till half way or water starts to rise up in the bottle before closing the cap and this usually sorts it.