compatible tie rod ends/tie rods

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
sambb
New
Drives: 9N3 Gti

compatible tie rod ends/tie rods

Post by sambb »

Hi,

This is my first post so g'day to everyone.
I recently modified my control arms to accept Audi TT ball joints. You can see it here: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/ ... 14195.html.

The benefits of the mod are a wider track by nearly 25mm, up to 2/1/3 degrees of adjustable camber, no loss of castor and lowered ball joint pivots relative to the hub by approx. 10+mm. The last bit means I can now lower an additional 10+mm and retain the OEM gti roll centre location.

But from what I can tell our steering arms which already point upward at the tie rod end at OEM 15mm lowered GTI ride height get worse with lowering making bump steer an issue. So I'm now searching for either VAG tie rod ends that are compatible with our tie rods OR a complete tie rod/tie rod end that is compatible with our steering rack. The aim is to be able to fit tie rods to our hub that have a lower pivot position/longer stub that will correct the steering arm angles when the car is lower.

I think a complete tie rod/tie rod end swap will be the one because I don't think direct compatible VW Fox, Skoda Fab 6Y or Roomster 5J tie rods are going to steering correct, but likely something off an Audi might, but I can't find any info on what our steering racks inner threads are.

any help appreciated.

sam