Newbie-1.9 TDI Sport???

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
nas90noel
New
Drives: 1.9 TDI Sport

Newbie-1.9 TDI Sport???

Post by nas90noel »

Hi Everyone, Retiring to Portugal and looking for a decent little car to downsize too. I've been offered a 2008 Polo 1.9 TDI Sport? Guy says it's the sport version of the Golf engine, and pumps our 130 bhp standard. Also has better suspension, etc. I've seen it and it has 'bucket' type seats, and a six speed box. Other then that is looks like a really clean car, but nothing special. Any advice from anyone greatly appreciated as I'm new to VW, well my last one was an old 6V Beetle. Kick myself, wish I'd kept that one. LOL.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Newbie-1.9 TDI Sport???

Post by alexperkins »

The sport is a lovely little motor. Plenty of grunt whilst economical and lots of nice extras to go with it. What's it up for?
nas90noel
New
Drives: 1.9 TDI Sport

Post by nas90noel »

Bought the Sport and it's a cracking little motor. A couple of queries; We live down an unmade track and could do with a bit more ground clearance. Probably sounds daft, but is there a simple way to increase ground clearance. I'm already looking at slightly higher profile tyres. Second, anyone recommend a particular stereo to replace the standard one? Something with bluetooth compatibility. Last, can I upgrade the steering wheel for one with controls for the stereo, etc? Preferably standard VW parts form another model. Also can I fit a cruise control?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Sorry but I think that you have bought the wrong car for your situation, the later 6R Polo has bigger diameter wheels and more ground clearance so even with sports suspension it will sit higher than your car - or a 6J Ibiza? As it sounds like you are willing to spend lots of money replacing ICE and getting a full functions steering wheel and new maybe springs, you might just get all that and more for roughly the same money if you swopped for a slightly newer Ibiza?