LOCATION OF SPEED SENSOR ON 1.4TDI BMS ENGINE

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
bilko0795
New
Drives: 1.4 Tdi bluemotion 2008

LOCATION OF SPEED SENSOR ON 1.4TDI BMS ENGINE

Post by bilko0795 »

Hi All
Im new to the forum just bought myself a 1.4 Tdi bluemotion for work as my Audi S2 needs some Tlc. So anyway i lost my key so i bought an Ecu, clocks, door locks and key of flea bay fitted them all and bingo the car started plugged in my Vcds and cleared the codes and it was driving normally but then over the next few weeks it started playing up when it wouldn't start on the first turn but would fire up on the fourth go after leaving it a minute between each turn but then it become longer to start seven to eight turns i decided to go the my local Vw dealer the car started first turn drove there went in tried to book it in was told a few weeks time went out and the car wouldn't start and the immo light keeps flashing it starts for a second and then dies i have read a few threads on google and have replaced various parts I now need to fit the speed sensor but can't find where it is located can anyone guide me please it's the one without a lead attached.

Thanks.

Bilko
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: LOCATION OF SPEED SENSOR ON 1.4TDI BMS ENGINE

Post by RUM4MO »

Is this not now just an immobiliser fault/failure?

Edit:- maybe take a look at the Skoda (Fabia)forum, there seems to be the chance that the imob aerial wires from the ignition key area to the instrument cluster are failing/faulty or the contacts for these wires on the cluster need re-soldered.
bilko0795
New
Drives: 1.4 Tdi bluemotion 2008

Post by bilko0795 »

Thanks will take a look
Scoody
New
Drives: Bluemotion

Post by Scoody »

The BMS speed sensor is fitted to the rear crank seal, I dont think it is the source of your problem but it is like a mkv golf setup ( I used the same installation tool as the 2 litre tdi for the rear seal/sensor assy.) I was swapping a crank but the bolt holding the sensor can rust up you will need to remove the oil filter housing to get to it anyway. AMF etc engines the pickup is in the block also behind the oil filter but picks up a signal from a toothed wheel on the crank.