2007 VW Polo Dune with brake wear indicar light is on

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
leecool
New

2007 VW Polo Dune with brake wear indicar light is on

Post by leecool »

Hi there guys I have a question that I may already have the answer to.

My wife's Polo Dune has had the brake wear indicator cables soldered together & put into a crimp thus making a circuit yes, however this hasn't stopped the brake wear indicator light coming on. The cables have been soldered for 3 years & only now I have had the light come on. I know how to fix this stuff myself, but just to keep the wife happy I put the car into a local garage to sort. The garage did exactly what I would have done... cut the wires & re-solder them etc. & cancel the fault on VCDS.
I picked the car up with no charge & the light was out, great yeh! Well no! it came back on after two days.
Now I would think that there is a break in the cable somewhere.
However at approximately the same time as the brake wear light came on, the engine management light came on with the code 19559. Thus meaning that the fully functioning throttle body will need replacing. Could one jeopardise the another if there is a short circuit I wouldn't have thought so??
I'd be very grateful for any help at all.
thanks guys
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: 2007 VW Polo Dune with brake wear indicar light is on

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that the issue with the brake wear light coming on will be down to the present quality of the wires that have been re-soldered etc, that wire when exposed gets trashed by water and brake dust so turns into something nasty that can be tricky to make a good solder joint with! I am meeting up with a friend who did that on his daughter's 2003 Polo brake wear wiring a few years ago - then recently had to rework the wires as the light came on now and again, so I'm guessing that for now he has managed to keep that light out!

If you have VCDS I think that you can "remove" brake wear from the list of fitted options, I seem to remember back in 2001 coding brake wear indication in to my 2000 VW Passat as it was delivered new with it not coded in!

I think that VCDS has become a lot more user friendly since then as then it was all about adding in numeric values to code it in.