Engine Management Light code 16524 and 16556

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
sam_newb
New
Drives: e55

Engine Management Light code 16524 and 16556

Post by sam_newb »

Hiya I have recently bought used car from private seller which is polo 1.2 petrol e55 3door and 06 reg... now just few days and it shows Engine Management light ...I use cheap vag scanner to scan. ..it shows codes 16524 and 16556 ...I am wondering. ... what could be exact fault?. ...only lamda sensor. ....or something else??? help needed...
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Engine Management Light code 16524 and 16556

Post by RUM4MO »

Hum now a second code for you in this posting, have you taken on my advice over stuffing these fault codes into Google yet, no one can 100% give you a completely correct every time diagnosis of what is wrong with that car, but that range of engines did like to spit out fault codes!
sam_newb
New

Post by sam_newb »

RUM4MO wrote:Hum now a second code for you in this posting, have you taken on my advice over stuffing these fault codes into Google yet, no one can 100% give you a completely correct every time diagnosis of what is wrong with that car, but that range of engines did like to spit out fault codes!
sorry I am bit dumb... I didn't understand. ..what do you mean ?... yes I did Google it....but couldn't find exact solution...Rosswiki shows...lot about it. ... but I thought two code together will point out exact problem....
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

What I was meaning was, that in general "long distance fault diagnosing" is not too easy normally, add in all the nasties that that engine type can throw in and it makes things even worse.

So, that leaves you with a choice:- either you read up all you can gather from Google searches and take action on that info if you feel able to do so, or you give in and let a competent VW independent garage workshop look at it as they should have already seen most of these problems already.
sam_newb
New

Post by sam_newb »

RUM4MO wrote:What I was meaning was, that in general "long distance fault diagnosing" is not too easy normally, add in all the nasties that that engine type can throw in and it makes things even worse.

So, that leaves you with a choice:- either you read up all you can gather from Google searches and take action on that info if you feel able to do so, or you give in and let a competent VW independent garage workshop look at it as they should have already seen most of these problems already.
thank you very much. ....I think you are right ... I've no choice other than going to vw .... I was just trying to save money. ...and still going to try for it ...lol.... though car runs smoothly and doesn't give any problems at all... so if I continue using it for let's say month or two. ...will it prove losing my car ????