Fog lights install.

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
bmagowan
New
Drives: 2007 9n3 1.2E

Fog lights install.

Post by bmagowan »

Hi there. New here forgive me if incorrect posting in the incorrect place.

Just purchased a 2007 9n3 polo. First thing I did was purchase the honeycomb grill set and the one I purchased didn't come with fogs so I'll be fitting the grills once I find fog lights.

Anywhere anyone recommends them and what exactly will I need for them? Checked local breakers to no avail. Will other VW group fogs fit like the bora/9n polo?

Cheers
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Fog lights install.

Post by RUM4MO »

Typically the fog lights from other models will not fit that car.

I'd expect that you will need to trawl ebay for them, first use an on-line VW parts listing to get the part numbers then take it from there.

In the past there would have been aftermarket kits to help you achieve what you are aiming to do, but I'd expect that most have stopped being sold due to current lack of demand as that car is well out of production.

Really, I'd reckon the other way is to do what you have tried, ie scrappy - and remember to get a switch that includes fog lights.

Again, preparing yourself with a list of required items part numbers would help you a lot, so sort that out first.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Fog lights install.

Post by RUM4MO »

I've just checked up for you, Kufatec sell the cable for £35 + p&p, they sell a switch for £40, so better looking on ebay/scrappy for one of them after you have discovered the VW p/n you are looking for - and the same for the foglights .