BlueGT owners.....

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Oliver C
New
Drives: None yet!

BlueGT owners.....

Post by Oliver C »

Good morning all!

New to the forum and considering getting a second hand BlueGT. I currently have a Kia pro_cee'd GT with 201hp. Has lots of creature comforts - heated seats/steering wheel, Recaros, reversing camera, xenon, leather seats and armrest etc, digital TFT display, full LED lights.
Unfortunately the MPG isn't brilliant and due to a new job with a 50 mile round trip a day I'm considering a blue gt.

How efficient have you found them to be realistically? How sound have they been mechanically? General interior quality - is it good? Sound system decent? Have had a look through the forum and found a lot of good stuff but would be great to have specific answers too if possible!

Thanks in advance and maybe see you soon!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: BlueGT owners.....

Post by lancslad1985 »

Hi Oliver,

Well mine was a friday afternoon car sadly and had a few issues - three cracking windscreens, all in the same spot, as well as a faulty ECM for the cruise. These weren't common problems and once fixed the car was comfy, quick, well specced (even with no extras) and I could get 50-55mpg pretty easily over my motorway commute to work. You also don't see many of them either. The interior quality was good for the b segment size and the standard sound system wasn't bad. It's basically a polo version of the Golf GTD but much much cheaper.

I only got rid of it because I'd fallen out of love with the car with all the issues I had with VW customer service. That and the boot was too small for me. The only reason we didn't get one for my wife was the GTI isn't that much more. Go get a test drive, it's a great little car.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Quote.."It's basically a polo version of the Golf GTD but much much cheaper" ....and not a diesel which in the present political climate is a huge bonus.

I have a 150ps version, first car for many years that I've not subjected to after market tuning.DSG is a delight, has more than enough performance to keep a geriatric boy racer like me happy. I've tried the GTI which on paper is faster but I couldn't detect much difference other than the BGT feeling sweeter and better balanced. I never drop below 40 mpg in town and average 55 mpg or better on cross country runs. In clear conditions motorway mpg starts with a 6.

Boot size is adequate for myself and her indoors, I've carried a dining table in the boot.

Stereo is better than my ears and does everything I need but I'm well past the boom box generation. Air con adequate but could be stronger, interior comfortable and well made.

Overall it is an excellent little car with good performance, low insurance and VED and cheap to run.
boydeee
New
Drives: Mk7 Golf GTI PP

Post by boydeee »

Sorry to hijack your thread!
I've got a BlueGT on the way with xenons. In the options book it says xenons do not get front foglights. Is this definitely the case? Is there much hassle involved in retrofitting if I wanted to?
Cheers!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

boydeee wrote:Sorry to hijack your thread!
I've got a BlueGT on the way with xenons. In the options book it says xenons do not get front foglights. Is this definitely the case? Is there much hassle involved in retrofitting if I wanted to?
Cheers!
The previous (6r) version of the Blue GT when specced with optional xenon headlights didn't have front fog lights, although the current (6c) version with optional xenons does now have them as standard.

Check out some of the nearly new Polo Blue GT's for sale on the VW website, and you'll see that xenon-equipped models do have front fogs. Here's one;

http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Polo/1 ... c=se_na_re_
boydeee
New

Re: RE: Re: BlueGT owners.....

Post by boydeee »

SRGTD wrote:
boydeee wrote:Sorry to hijack your thread!
Cheers!
The previous (6r) version of the Blue GT when specced with optional xenon headlights didn't have front fog lights, although the current (6c) version with optional xenons does now have them as standard.

Check out some of the nearly new Polo Blue GT's for sale on the VW website, and you'll see that xenon-equipped models do have front fogs. Here's one;

http://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/Polo/1 ... c=se_na_re_
That's great! Thank you very much for the info SRGTD. Much appreciated [emoji106]
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

No problem. One of the forum members (Norbreck12a) got a new Blue GT earlier this year - link to his cleaning and detailing thread below, just after he took delivery, which shows the xenon headlights and front fog lights;

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=68273&p=509900#p509900
boydeee
New

Re: RE: Re: BlueGT owners.....

Post by boydeee »

SRGTD wrote:No problem. One of the forum members (Norbreck12a) got a new Blue GT earlier this year - link to his cleaning and detailing thread below, just after he took delivery, which shows the xenon headlights and front fog lights;

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=68273&p=509900#p509900
Superb. Ah I recognise them from the golf GTI forum!
Thanks for all your help [emoji106]