Anyone currently waiting on a 6C factory order?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
tomtoon2015
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 blueGT

Re: Anyone currently waiting on a 6C factory order?

Post by tomtoon2015 »

Just ordered my BGT :), build time is May.

White, 3dr
DSG
Winter pack
Light and Sight Pack
Discover Navigation
Anthracite Wheels
Alacantra Seats
Adaptive cruise control
Front armrest
Parking sensors
Electronic climate control

I got them to get near Carwow price, so saves me driving 100 miles!
Jamwllms
New
Drives: Polo 6C BlueGT

Post by Jamwllms »

tomtoon2015 wrote:Just ordered my BGT :), build time is May.

White, 3dr
DSG
Winter pack
Light and Sight Pack
Discover Navigation
Anthracite Wheels
Alacantra Seats
Adaptive cruise control
Front armrest
Parking sensors

Nice spec. More or less what I ordered, except I haven't got the armrest or winterpack, and went for Xenons and Camera instead.

Speaking of the Winter Pack, that order will probably kick back to the dealer because you can't have the winter pack with Alcantara Interior as they already come with heated seats. (Which is a bonus if that's all you really wanted!)
tomtoon2015
Bronze Member

Post by tomtoon2015 »

Jamwllms wrote:

White, 3dr
DSG
Winter pack
Light and Sight Pack
Discover Navigation
Anthracite Wheels
Alacantra Seats
Adaptive cruise control
Front armrest
Parking sensors

Nice spec. More or less what I ordered, except I haven't got the armrest or winterpack, and went for Xenons and Camera instead.

Speaking of the Winter Pack, that order will probably kick back to the dealer because you can't have the winter pack with Alcantara Interior as they already come with heated seats. (Which is a bonus if that's all you really wanted!)
I was told that the alacantra Seats aren't heated automatically because they aren't full leather... Saying that the blueGT's are rare cars, apparently most are the 90PS or 110PS that are sold, so they might not be as clued up on these

The guy actually talked me out of getting a camera haha
Jamwllms
New

Post by Jamwllms »

tomtoon2015 wrote: I was told that the alacantra Seats aren't heated automatically because they aren't full leather... Saying that the blueGT's are rare cars, apparently most are the 90PS or 110PS that are sold, so they might not be as clued up on these

The guy actually talked me out of getting a camera haha
I thought "Meh, it's not expensive, and might be handy."

It's not really known at dealers at all, not helped by the fact it is not in the brochure, price list or configurator. (Although it is mentioned on the German configurator)

I reference Marks post here from his personal experience: http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 55#p487444
tomtoon2015
Bronze Member

Post by tomtoon2015 »

Jamwllms wrote:
I thought "Meh, it's not expensive, and might be handy."

It's not really known at dealers at all, not helped by the fact it is not in the brochure, price list or configurator. (Although it is mentioned on the German configurator)

I reference Marks post here from his personal experience: http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 55#p487444
I wonder why they didn't put in the brochure, and don't tell the dealers... Also I suppose I find out next week when the dealer gives me my order number
Jamwllms
New

Post by Jamwllms »

tomtoon2015 wrote:
I wonder why they didn't put in the brochure, and don't tell the dealers... Also I suppose I find out next week when the dealer gives me my order number
It's odd to be sure. I only opted for the Alcantara because I thought the bluespeed looked a bit.. Silly with the white paint. Originally I was going to have metallic blue.

My choice would have been made sufficiently quicker knowing they came heated!
tomtoon2015
Bronze Member

Post by tomtoon2015 »

Jamwllms wrote:
tomtoon2015 wrote:
It's odd to be sure. I only opted for the Alcantara because I thought the bluespeed looked a bit.. Silly with the white paint. Originally I was going to have metallic blue.

My choice would have been made sufficiently quicker knowing they came heated!
Can't believe the blueGT's are rare unless it's because they are expensive... I suppose I'll have to wait til next week to find out the heated seats situation!
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JohnPolo »

Not sure they are going to be rare, seem to be enough of them being ordered on here! :)
JohnNW
Getting There!

Post by JohnNW »

VW's pricing / options for the Polo are a bit disorganised.

For example, if you order xenons on a B GT, you also get headlamp washers and low washer fluid warning light. If you add the winter pack (to get heated seats) you also get headlamp washers and low washer fluid warning light, but you still pay the same for each pack.

VW have sorted this discrepancy for the Golf, but not for the Polo.

I'd be surprised if you can't order alcantara and the winter pack together as I'm sure VW would be happy with the extra profit in the car.
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

White, 3dr
DSG
Winter pack
Light and Sight Pack
Discover Navigation
Anthracite Wheels
Alacantra Seats
Adaptive cruise control
Front armrest
Parking sensors

Nice options. Except the DSG and the Alcantara, they are all standard fit on BGTs here in France. I hope they gave you a bit off the winter pack, as the Alcantara comes with heating as standard. Onnly one week to delivery of mine now after a 3-month wait :? I am still to see a BGT in person - very rare over here.
tomtoon2015
Bronze Member

Post by tomtoon2015 »

TheFrog wrote:

White, 3dr
DSG
Winter pack
Light and Sight Pack
Discover Navigation
Anthracite Wheels
Alacantra Seats
Adaptive cruise control
Front armrest
Parking sensors

Nice options. Except the DSG and the Alcantara, they are all standard fit on BGTs here in France. I hope they gave you a bit off the winter pack, as the Alcantara comes with heating as standard. Onnly one week to delivery of mine now after a 3-month wait :? I am still to see a BGT in person - very rare over here.
Tbh I haven't seen many over here either... And I will see what they say about the seats/winter pack here
Spocksdad
New
Drives: 2015 BlueGT

Post by Spocksdad »

Hi, new on hear, but viewed forum at few times. Ordered a BGT for my wife on 25th October 14, collected yesterday, (conveniently her Birthday). Build week was 49, but slipped to 50. Tracker pretty much unless, showing left factory, then dealer called to say it had arrived. Tracker updated three days later. Much better delivery time than her previous 1.4 SEL that took over 22 weeks from South Africa back in 2011. BGT far better than old SEL. Have brought LED replacements for interior lighting, done all the easy ones, struggling with front ones, especially the two in the round fitting. Do the existing bulbs just pull out, or does the plastic bulb mounting twist out? All seems a bit flimsy, don't want to use to much force with the old sausage fingers.
tomtoon2015
Bronze Member

Post by tomtoon2015 »

Interesting.. VW have given me my order number however didn't mention the seats etc. I've emailed them and I'll see what they say
Jamwllms
New

Post by Jamwllms »

tomtoon2015 wrote:Interesting.. VW have given me my order number however didn't mention the seats etc. I've emailed them and I'll see what they say
Surprising.

Will be interesting to see what they say.
tomtoon2015
Bronze Member

Post by tomtoon2015 »

Jamwllms wrote:
tomtoon2015 wrote:Interesting.. VW have given me my order number however didn't mention the seats etc. I've emailed them and I'll see what they say
Surprising.

Will be interesting to see what they say.
Yeah it will :) unless it's changed recently lol