Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
bennyboy
Bronze Member
Drives: old 6r GTI , now 6c GTI

Post by bennyboy »

:wink: Hi all
Brand new newb here so be gentle :cry:
I drive a 07 plate vw golf gt sport at the moment and have been a vw fan for a number of years now.
placed my order & placed my deposit back in may for my new polo gti and still waiting :evil: i was told back in may that the polo will be ready for september on a 60 plate then september came then i was told late november and that the factory were my car was due to be built had a major fire and needed sorting first befor they could start building cars again , then i was told from my dealer that the 3 cars they had ordered for the show room 1 of them is now mine so i get it earlier and that im a v.i.p customer due to the long wait .
And the latest as of yesterday is that it most proberbly be january due to the high demand for the new gti and all dealers even ford are having the same problems with long delivery dates. :(
once it turns up loads of pics if you all want them :wink:
Verity
Gold Member

Re: New Member

Post by Verity »

Hi!
I deff want to see some photos when you get it!
I adore the new Polos and attually cant get enough of looking at them!

what sort of extras have you gone for?
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

mine is more or less just the standard candy white , with standard spec + the wheels to be coloured black on the inserts like the mk6 golf gti free from dealer, and im booking it in to get the B pillar back windows tinted, also getting a few bits thrown in from the dealer due to the long wait like £500 off the price of the new polo + the car is getting the ful autoglym protection + the take home bag of autoglym goodies + a free tom tom one IQ sat nav, full tank of fuel . thats it upto now but the longer im kept waiting the more i will ask for :wink:
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

Sounds like a good spec on your GTI, I had to wait a long time, ordered my GTI in early June so hopefully yours will turn up soon. I would be interested in the finish your dealer is going to do on your wheels as I was thinking on having mine refinished the same as the Monza shadows on the golf but was going to wait until spring after all the salt has gone from the winter roads.

I had a 57 plate Edition 30 before this in Black and I don't regret having the Polo GTI at all it's so much fun! It reminds me of the Golf GTI MK II I had some years ago which got me hooked on GTI's.

Cheers,
Edi30
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

thanks for the reply edi30
when i was chatting to the dealer way back and i was asking him for a test drive of something with the dsg as i have never drove 1 befor and also something like the new polo gti, so i had a good idea of what i was ordering he said the only car to drive is the mk5 golf ed30 or the r32 which were the to cars i wanted to own but didnt have enough pennies for :cry: ended up having a 20 minute drive of the r32. and as soon as i got back to the dealers after my great drive paid my deposit and still waiting.
but for you to say its so much fun im once again buzzing needing it here now so i can go play in it :twisted: and the mk2 golf gti is and have to be one of my all time best cars in a nice oak green 16v big bumper run out model mmmm man drool lol :P
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

I think DSG is the way to go, I used to be a manual only person but since having DSG in my Edition 30 I would never go back to a manual. I know it's not for some people but I am converted! The White Golf GTI is also DSG.

I remember when I was test driving cars over 3 years ago before I ordered the ED 30 I tried an A3 2.0 quattro and an S3 but at the time could not get these with DSG so discounted them. I then tried a DSG GTI and DSG R32 and knew I had to have a Golf but could not make my mind up. I then had a test drive of the ED 30 and knew this was for me. I had it for 3 years and enjoyed every day of driving it. A mate of mine got an R32 a week before I got my ED 30 and I wondered if I had done the right thing. I don't think you can beat the noise an R32 makes, but had a few blasts together and the ED 30 had the edge in speed which confirmed to me that I had made the right decision for me. I have also had a few run ins with S3's over the past few years and they were no quicker than the ED 30. As it was plenty quick enough in standard trim I never modified the car at all.

Back to the polo, this time I wanted a car that was cheaper to run and was fast and fun. My dealer got a red 3 door Polo GTI in October (earlier than expected) and I had it for a few days and this confirmed that I had made the right decision for me this time. I was also not expecting my car to turn up until Christmas or early Jan but the dealer was as surprised as me when it turned up in mid Nov.

Two weeks in and it's done 550 miles and I love it, it has a little bit of torque steer when you really boot it which makes it a bit more frisky. The steering is very light almost to light at low speed but as the car has less weight then the golf it changes direction more quickly. You have to be more delicate with the polo almost driving with your finger tips with less input required to get the best out of it. It is well balanced handles very well sticks to the road and is just great fun. It's not as quick as the ED 30 but not far off. The engine is great as there is no lag so its just instant go so again you have to be more delicate with the throttle than the Golf. So in summary I am having just as much fun at a slightly lower speed.

Cheers,
Edi30
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

got some long awaited new today and after a 7 month wait my car has been built and its now in transport and should be here the last week of december or first week of jan so fingers crossed. :|
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

Pick my red gti up on monday with winter pack. Was in the dealer had to have it or wait till march for new one its unregistered. Cant wait to remap it. Hope you get yours soon.
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

bennyboy,

Great news on your long awaited GTI not long now, it will be a great Christmas/ new years present for you :D Looking forward to seeing some pics when it arrives.

Edi30
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

well i got the call at long last my car is at the dealers going to view it in later on today :D will get some pictures up later if i remember to take some. fingers crossed pick up next week as im getting a few bits done befor pick up. :D so roughly a 39 week wait since i paid the deposit. :? which im sure i will forget about once im in it.
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

Well at long last its here , and a few pics also

Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

That looks awesome! What are you having done and what it your pick up date? I bet you are really excited now!
whitegtipolo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by whitegtipolo »

Looks awesome lurve it
Edi30
Gold Member

Post by Edi30 »

bennyboy wrote:Well at long last its here , and a few pics also

bennyboy have you got a pick up date or picked it up already?
bennyboy
Bronze Member

Post by bennyboy »

Na i wish, going up tomorrow to sign all the paper work and pick up is on saturday . :D