Rightclick on a 6R.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
VwPolo2010
New

Rightclick on a 6R.

Post by VwPolo2010 »

I've looked absolutely everywhere I can online and I cannot get even a snippet of a guide on how to install a remote central locking RightClick kit into a 6R Polo. There is a guide on here but the instructions only go up until the previous model (02' +) which I'm not sure if thats any good or not and I'm not too keen on risking it.

Sooo I'm kinda begging the good people of UK-Polos. HELP?

From what I've gathered it doesn't seem too complicated if i was installing it on older polos so I see no reason for it to be complicated on this polo irrespective to that I still want some sort of instructions to be sure. The instruction booklet that came with it is only any good if I knew the type of central locking my car already has (theres like 6 types apparently...) so if anyone knows the answer to that then I guess I could work things out from there? Cheers for any of your help!

And I'm sorry for bringing a post up that has been "answered" a billion times about older polos :(
GuntherVW6R
New

Re: Rightclick on a 6R.

Post by GuntherVW6R »

I too would also like to get the answer for this. I've looked at RightClick systems for ages but I've never been sure on buying one.

I've been looking at this one: http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.ph ... ts_id=1152 but I don't know how easy it is to install and move the transponder from my normal key over to this one.
VwPolo2010
New

Post by VwPolo2010 »

GuntherVW6R wrote:I too would also like to get the answer for this. I've looked at RightClick systems for ages but I've never been sure on buying one.

I've been looking at this one: http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.ph ... ts_id=1152 but I don't know how easy it is to install and move the transponder from my normal key over to this one.

I have managed to move the transponder to the other key so I can help you as far as that goes. Basically I had two basic vw keys for my polo. I picked my spare one and then followed a YouTube guide on how to remove it. Basically you have to cut the transponder out of the key with a sharp blade and then very carefully superglue it inside the new key. Before doing any of that you had to get the key cut of course which cost me £5 from my local smith.

Once all that's done it should work, mine did anyway so now my only problem is fitting the kit. So far I know where most things go for example the indicator wires the ground and wires but I still don't know which way around or where to attach the two open and close wires :(

Oh and that wasn't the kit I bought but it looks very similar. I got the KE669HC
GuntherVW6R
New

Post by GuntherVW6R »

Right okay I'll have to consider it a bit more. I'll take a look at some of the videos and see what its like!
VwPolo2010
New

Post by VwPolo2010 »

GuntherVW6R wrote:Right okay I'll have to consider it a bit more. I'll take a look at some of the videos and see what its like!
I'll link you: https://www.youtube*.com/watch?v=xOWRj-hP4Ns

Just gotta be very delicate because it is glass :) I hope it goes well for you though.
VwPolo2010
New

Post by VwPolo2010 »

Is anyone able to help? Even a basic diagram would be amazing!
OhDear
New

Post by OhDear »

Sorry to bring up an old thread..

Did any of you manage to get this installed? And which kit did you use?

Thanks
Countdown
New
Drives: Polo 6r 1.2 S

Post by Countdown »

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/show ... tallation)

Best information I have found in the link above, going to order a cheap eBay kit and give it a try
Countdown
New
Drives: Polo 6r 1.2 S

Post by Countdown »

Cheap £8 eBay central locking worked a treat. I used the instructions I linked to previously, the door PIN numbers are correct. I used a 200ohm resistor, the lock/unlock cable is pin 20, coloured Blue. The indicators are on pin 3 and is coloured green/black. All cables can be accessed from drivers side footwell. :D
Leeren666
Getting There!
Drives: polo 6r

Post by Leeren666 »

Anyone got a link to the pug and play kit for a 6r ?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.ph ... ts_id=1152

There's no direct plug and play kit
Leeren666
Getting There!

Post by Leeren666 »

alexperkins wrote:http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info.ph ... ts_id=1152

There's no direct plug and play kit
Leeren666
Getting There!

Post by Leeren666 »

Just a little update on these kits, just installed one on my 2013 6r polo, you need to use the negative pulse outputs on the box, white and white black locking wires from the unit, yellow and black wires to earth, the battery live is the red/yellow wire, and the locking wire on the car is the solid blue wire located at pin 20 in the drivers footwell coming from the door, also had to put a 180 ohm resistor inline in the unlock wire from the control unit, hey presto all working fine :) never bothered with the indicator wires from the control unit as mine flash with the locking anyway so I felt no need, I was a little tentative about fitting as it has been a while since I have done anything like it but it wasn't too bad, took about 2 hours including finding the right wires :)
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Glad its working :)
Leeren666
Getting There!

Post by Leeren666 »

alexperkins wrote:Glad its working :)