BLueGT Racechip

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Welshboff
New
Drives: Blue GT

Re: BLueGT Racechip

Post by Welshboff »

Mayhem wrote:These any better than the DTuk boxes? been looking at both myself and as you say they are alot cheaper especially compared to the DTuk response and tuning boxes.

I don't know not tried the other type, someone else may be able to comment.

Just to confirm with the base tune and the difference in performance I described that is at the approx 20% increase in BHP
Mayhem
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 polo 1.2 tsi

Post by Mayhem »

They look the same and are about half the price which seems a bargain. Just Dtuk is uk based which i prefer. But its all about the money 8)
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Post by rsmagee »

I have a DTUK box. It's great but if this box does the same, not sure it's worth the extra.
Mayhem
Silver Member
Drives: 2010 polo 1.2 tsi

Post by Mayhem »

I think the DTuk boxes look better quality but the Racechip seems to have won awards in Germany. Just not seen much other than DTuk and TMC. So many options
Oli3000
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 1.0tsi 110 6spd man SEL

Post by Oli3000 »

Reviving an old thread:

Are you still using the racechip? What is your long-term review, particularly regarding fuel economy and power.

Cheers
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

I had a racechip on a previous non VW car. The company were a pleasure to deal with doing everything they promised and quickly too. The results with the chip exceeded those RC claimed and over five years I did not have a moments trouble.

I can't comment on DTUK on a VW but a friend fitted one to his racing car transporter and it was initially disappointing and ultimately an unmitigated disaster. Other friends have been very satisfied with the DTUK product. You can't win them all!