New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bigtam
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2016

Re: New GTI

Post by Bigtam »

Deejbb wrote:
GavinW wrote:When I collected mine, I took it straight round to the petrol station filled up and pressed the trip reset.....The button was solid and wouldn't depress.

I was driving the other day and I heard a little click from the dash. I noticed the reset button had popped up higher than usual. I pressed it and it operated absolutely perfect in and out.

I've tried it a few times since and its working as normal now.
Same thing happened to me, it got stuck in for a few weeks and then popped out. Worked ok for a while but then stuck in again so just got it replaced
This has happened to mine was it repaired under warranty and is it a big job?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Bigtam wrote:
Deejbb wrote:
GavinW wrote:When I collected mine, I took it straight round to the petrol station filled up and pressed the trip reset.....The button was solid and wouldn't depress.

I was driving the other day and I heard a little click from the dash. I noticed the reset button had popped up higher than usual. I pressed it and it operated absolutely perfect in and out.

I've tried it a few times since and its working as normal now.
Same thing happened to me, it got stuck in for a few weeks and then popped out. Worked ok for a while but then stuck in again so just got it replaced
Bigtam, a couple of forum members who had the sticking trip reset button had their instrument panel replaced by VW (try a search on 'trip reset', and it should return the relevant discussion threads). As the reset button is an integral part of the instrument panel, it's probably not possible to fix it without replacing the whole instrument cluster.
jamessinger94
New
Drives: White Polo 6C GTI

Post by jamessinger94 »

Hi guys, been watching this thread since the beginning but didn't contribute due to having a 6r 1.4 match... however I have just put a deposit down for a 65 plate GTI :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Was wondering anyone know if it will be able to do mirrorlink or CarPlay?
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

jamessinger94 wrote:Hi guys, been watching this thread since the beginning but didn't contribute due to having a 6r 1.4 match... however I have just put a deposit down for a 65 plate GTI :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Was wondering anyone know if it will be able to do mirrorlink or CarPlay?
Look at the VW website - You need car-net app which is only available in conjunction with the “Composition Media” radio system or the “Discover Media” and “Discover Pro” navigation systems. Car-Net App Connect includes the MirrorLink™, CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ technologies. For current information on the compatibility of new mobile phones and ones that are already on the market, please visit http://www.volkswagen.com/car-net.
Pologti17
New
Drives: Polo 1.2 awaiting Gti.

Post by Pologti17 »

Hey guys,

Just ordered a new gti, bit of an upgrade from my 1.2 polo.. wondering how long after you get the order number that it activates? Website currently saying it doesn't recognise it! :roll:

Thanks.
Rik762
Getting There!
Drives: 2017 Polo GTI DSG

Post by Rik762 »

About a week in my case if I remember correctly.
ASneakyHippo
New

Post by ASneakyHippo »

Pologti17 wrote:Hey guys,

Just ordered a new gti, bit of an upgrade from my 1.2 polo.. wondering how long after you get the order number that it activates? Website currently saying it doesn't recognise it! :roll:

Thanks.
I have just done the same upgrade :mrgreen: have you got an ETA yet? I'm mid march.
Pologti17
New

Post by Pologti17 »

ASneakyHippo wrote:

Thanks.
I have just done the same upgrade :mrgreen: have you got an ETA yet? I'm mid march.

Gonna be a good upgrade! Yeah they said around mid march for mine, hope it is as my current car is due m.o.t end of march..
ASneakyHippo
New

Post by ASneakyHippo »

Pologti17 wrote:
ASneakyHippo wrote:

Thanks.

Gonna be a good upgrade! Yeah they said around mid march for mine, hope it is as my current car is due m.o.t end of march..
Sweet!! Sounds a stupid question but I'm looking at my order form but I can't see the order number :shock: wanted to see what info came up on VWs website.
Pologti17
New

Post by Pologti17 »

ASneakyHippo wrote:
Pologti17 wrote:
ASneakyHippo wrote:

Sweet!! Sounds a stupid question but I'm looking at my order form but I can't see the order number :shock: wanted to see what info came up on VWs website.

Yeah i had to ask my dealer for it, id check with them! Mines still not showing though.
ASneakyHippo
New

Post by ASneakyHippo »

Pologti17 wrote:
ASneakyHippo wrote:
Pologti17 wrote:

Yeah i had to ask my dealer for it, id check with them! Mines still not showing though.
Ah ok! What build week do you have? Mines 8
Pologti17
New

Post by Pologti17 »

ASneakyHippo wrote:
Pologti17 wrote:
ASneakyHippo wrote:

Ah ok! What build week do you have? Mines 8
Just checked and mines week 7, should be feb the 13th! Cant wait for it to arrive!
Bigtam
Bronze Member

Post by Bigtam »

SRGTD wrote:
Bigtam wrote:
Deejbb wrote:
Bigtam, a couple of forum members who had the sticking trip reset button had their instrument panel replaced by VW (try a search on 'trip reset', and it should return the relevant discussion threads). As the reset button is an integral part of the instrument panel, it's probably not possible to fix it without replacing the whole instrument cluster.
Car went in yesterday got it back today all working well and done under warranty I had coded the doors to auto lock and chirp when locking with OBD11 but this has been lost and will have to re-program them.
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Bigtam wrote:
SRGTD wrote:
Bigtam wrote:
Car went in yesterday got it back today all working well and done under warranty I had coded the doors to auto lock and chirp when locking with OBD11 but this has been lost and will have to re-program them.

Did they replace the clocks and all for you??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigtam
Bronze Member

Post by Bigtam »

They said they just replaced the buttons. I will check when I get home I put a big thumb print on the dials before I left it with the garage.