New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bigtam
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2016

Re:

Post by Bigtam »

Andy4791 wrote:Nice, anyone know what modes the sport button has, ie just normal an sport? Or is it comfort,normal then sport

Comfort then sport when switched on
Bigtam
Bronze Member

Re: New GTI

Post by Bigtam »

Bigtam wrote:
SRGTD wrote:
Bigtam wrote:
This has happened to mine was it repaired under warranty and is it a big job?
Bigtam, a couple of forum members who had the sticking trip reset button had their instrument panel replaced by VW (try a search on 'trip reset', and it should return the relevant discussion threads). As the reset button is an integral part of the instrument panel, it's probably not possible to fix it without replacing the whole instrument cluster.
Car went in yesterday got it back today all working well and done under warranty I had coded the doors to auto lock and chirp when locking with OBD11 but this has been lost and will have to re-program them.
Got my car back Friday had a look at the job over the weekend and not really happy found a clip that holds part of the dash and small marks on it I know they are only small but thats not the point they still damaged the car

Emailed the garage about this and waiting on a reply
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

For those who want to meet up at a show with their GTIs, then UK-POLOS.NET has booked a club display at GTI International at Rockingham on June 3rd/4th/ Would be nice as many GTIs along as possible, and there is also a chance to take them down the sprint and on the track.
Find out more in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=69373
Cheers
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Bigtam wrote:
Bigtam wrote:
SRGTD wrote:
Bigtam, a couple of forum members who had the sticking trip reset button had their instrument panel replaced by VW (try a search on 'trip reset', and it should return the relevant discussion threads). As the reset button is an integral part of the instrument panel, it's probably not possible to fix it without replacing the whole instrument cluster.
Car went in yesterday got it back today all working well and done under warranty I had coded the doors to auto lock and chirp when locking with OBD11 but this has been lost and will have to re-program them.
Got my car back Friday had a look at the job over the weekend and not really happy found a clip that holds part of the dash and small marks on it I know they are only small but thats not the point they still damaged the car

Emailed the garage about this and waiting on a reply

I'd crack up , they will probably replace the the whole lot now, I would have been straight on the phone , some one has fitted that and doesn't give a dam.. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigtam
Bronze Member

Post by Bigtam »

I emailed them today with a close up but funny no reply, Going to phone in the morning.
Phoned them today to take it up tomorrow so they can have a look at it here is the photo I sent them
Luckily I took a photo of this with no damage before it was handed in :D
Last edited by Bigtam on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StuartDonnachie
New

Post by StuartDonnachie »

Hi all I'm interested in buying a one year old GTI and wondered what options packs people would recommend?

Obviously it will depend on what's available when it comes to buying but I'm keen on the cruise/park pack and the sport pack (if possible). Just wondering peoples thoughts on these and/or other options?

Cheers!
Bigtam
Bronze Member

Post by Bigtam »

Took the car back in today and spoke to the customer service manager who explained that the mechanic had been told if he does anything like that again not to keep quiet so they can rectify the problem before the customer receives their car back, New part fitted by the manager and a bottle of this for our inconvenience.

:D
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Good outcome Bigtam, and good to see the dealer did the right thing.
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Bigtam wrote:Took the car back in today and spoke to the customer service manager who explained that the mechanic had been told if he does anything like that again not to keep quiet so they can rectify the problem before the customer receives their car back, New part fitted by the manager and a bottle of this for our inconvenience.

:D

Nice and good result [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gregmkv
New
Drives: 2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG

Post by gregmkv »

StuartDonnachie wrote:Hi all I'm interested in buying a one year old GTI and wondered what options packs people would recommend?

Obviously it will depend on what's available when it comes to buying but I'm keen on the cruise/park pack and the sport pack (if possible). Just wondering peoples thoughts on these and/or other options?

Cheers!
What gearbox are you looking at?

In regards to the cruise & park pack, I'd definitely recommend it if you make long motorway journeys and like to just put it in cruise control. The park pack is also brilliant as it comes with parking sensors and a reversing camera (IIRC) which some cars don't have!
jamessinger94
New
Drives: White Polo 6C GTI

Post by jamessinger94 »

Picked up my 65 plate GTI on Tuesday... absolutely loving it! Such a massive upgrade from the 1.4 85ps 6r I had before :lol:

Only disappointment is it has the early MIBII infotainment with the mute button on the bottom left, so can't do Apple CarPlay from what I've read :?
StuartDonnachie
New

Post by StuartDonnachie »

gregmkv wrote:
StuartDonnachie wrote:Hi all I'm interested in buying a one year old GTI and wondered what options packs people would recommend?

Cheers!
What gearbox are you looking at?

In regards to the cruise & park pack, I'd definitely recommend it if you make long motorway journeys and like to just put it in cruise control. The park pack is also brilliant as it comes with parking sensors and a reversing camera (IIRC) which some cars don't have!
Would be a manual. Test drove one on Saturday and loved it! It didn't come with any added options/packs and felt myself not caring at all. However would like the sport button and probably Parking pack if I can find one with it
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

After owning mine since October 2015 I wouldn't bother with the sport button in my opinion. I've used it on occasion and it's fun but find myself using normal mode 99% of the time.
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

Andy4791 wrote:After owning mine since October 2015 I wouldn't bother with the sport button in my opinion. I've used it on occasion and it's fun but find myself using normal mode 99% of the time.
For the price I think it's a steal. It sharpens the throttle, weights the steering up a bit, makes it turn sharper into bends, firms up the dampers and puts fake sound into the cabin which does make it SOUND more sporty. That's a personal taste thing but is good fun and should appeal on resale if nothing else.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Penarth Blues wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:After owning mine since October 2015 I wouldn't bother with the sport button in my opinion. I've used it on occasion and it's fun but find myself using normal mode 99% of the time.
For the price I think it's a steal. It sharpens the throttle, weights the steering up a bit, makes it turn sharper into bends, firms up the dampers and puts fake sound into the cabin which does make it SOUND more sporty. That's a personal taste thing but is good fun and should appeal on resale if nothing else.
Like Andy, I also use the Sport setting very rarely. I find the suspension a bit too firm and jiggly in Sport mode for normal everyday use and I'm not too keen on the fake sound, but agree with Penarth Blues, it may appeal to others when the time comes to sell.