New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
attim
New
Drives: 2016 6c GTI in black

Re: New GTI

Post by attim »

True, they collapsed even on standard cars. As I have read VAG is able to detect any ECU tampering and upon connecting the car to dealer's online diagnostics machine such car will be flagged with TD1 flag in their systems. I don't have any personal experience but there are many articles discussing TD1 on the internet.
Anyway, warranty versus remap is a personal choice for sure...
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

attim wrote:True, they collapsed even on standard cars. As I have read VAG is able to detect any ECU tampering and upon connecting the car to dealer's online diagnostics machine such car will be flagged with TD1 flag in their systems. I don't have any personal experience but there are many articles discussing TD1 on the internet.
Anyway, warranty versus remap is a personal choice for sure...
I can confirm that any flashing of the ECU will show up. I had an VW dealer ECU upgrade on my last car and it shows on the ECU flash count. If you have VCDS you can read the data so you will loose the warranty if an engine fault develops.
TeddyThePug
New
Drives: GTi

Post by TeddyThePug »

I've done a lot of night time driving recently and noticed one annoying feature which on motorways is worse as you use them more.

The light control cluster near the drivers wingmirror reflects directly onto the window obscuring the mirror itself. On unlit sections I had to look behind to check no-one was there as the Christmas tree reflection was in the way. I may stick a small piece of plastic next to the cluster to block the light from reflecting... It needs a picture really as it's hard to explain.
Baxgttdi
New
Drives: GTi

Post by Baxgttdi »

My new car has finally arrived and only one problem is left, getting it to me!

The garage is at Gillingham (via drive the deal) and I'm near Newcastle. Ideally I'd like to put the first miles on my car rather than have someone drive it 250 miles to me. Has anyone ever managed to negotiate for them to pay fuel and travel expenses rather than the garage to pay someone to drive it up, pay for the fuel and for the guys return train journey back? Or am I being unreasonable? Any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milkshakefiend
New
Drives: Polo

Post by Milkshakefiend »

Baxgttdi wrote:Has anyone ever managed to negotiate for them to pay fuel and travel expenses rather than the garage to pay someone to drive it up, pay for the fuel and for the guys return train journey back? Or am I being unreasonable? Any help appreciated
When mine was delivered, the dealership seemed quite keen to hand it over and get it on that months numbers. I'd already arranged to pick it up early Aug with the chap that did the sale as he was off the week prior and I was busy then also. His manager called me up and offered to pay for a rental and a night in a hotel if I picked it up end of July instead. Guess there was some sales volume incentive/bonus on the line for them. I highly doubt they'd offer that otherwise!
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Ok I thought I'd do a bit of an update as had car 12 months. As some will know had a few niggles mainly rattles, I dunno if I'm now immune to em or the car has settled but they seem few and far between. The 2 cut outs I had haven't repeated themselves either. Had its first service yesterday and got dealer to check the 'lumpy' 'jerky' feeling I get sometimes from a cold start. No error codes but the tell me the car was recalled for a control unit issue which they did whilst in for service. Actually not drove it today as had some decorating to finish lol and the gave car a wash and topped up the wax for winter so I'll see if the lumpy running issue is sorted on trip to work tomorrow. Can't fault VW Wolverhampton as they fetched and dropped off my car and didn't wash it as asked. So overall I'm pretty happy now with the car,been to some lovely places with great roads and had some fun thru the year. And definitely don't tire of its looks. Ps, thx to everyone who's contributed to this thread, good to share info and thoughts on the 'Pocket Rocket' . Here's a pic after today's spruce up.
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Andy4791 wrote:Ok I thought I'd do a bit of an update as had car 12 months. As some will know had a few niggles mainly rattles, I dunno if I'm now immune to em or the car has settled but they seem few and far between. The 2 cut outs I had haven't repeated themselves either. Had its first service yesterday and got dealer to check the 'lumpy' 'jerky' feeling I get sometimes from a cold start. No error codes but the tell me the car was recalled for a control unit issue which they did whilst in for service. Actually not drove it today as had some decorating to finish lol and the gave car a wash and topped up the wax for winter so I'll see if the lumpy running issue is sorted on trip to work tomorrow. Can't fault VW Wolverhampton as they fetched and dropped off my car and didn't wash it as asked. So overall I'm pretty happy now with the car,been to some lovely places with great roads and had some fun thru the year. And definitely don't tire of its looks. Ps, thx to everyone who's contributed to this thread, good to share info and thoughts on the 'Pocket Rocket' . Here's a pic after today's spruce up.

What was the recall for Andy??

Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

They sed control unit..didn't give any other info. Cars lumpyness is now gone tho which is good
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Sed control unit what is that

Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

No they said it was the Control unit lol. I'm assuming its the ECU
Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti

Post by Norfolk Boy »

:D
Andy4791 wrote:Ok I thought I'd do a bit of an update as had car 12 months. As some will know had a few niggles mainly rattles, I dunno if I'm now immune to em or the car has settled but they seem few and far between. The 2 cut outs I had haven't repeated themselves either. Had its first service yesterday and got dealer to check the 'lumpy' 'jerky' feeling I get sometimes from a cold start. No error codes but the tell me the car was recalled for a control unit issue which they did whilst in for service. Actually not drove it today as had some decorating to finish lol and the gave car a wash and topped up the wax for winter so I'll see if the lumpy running issue is sorted on trip to work tomorrow. Can't fault VW Wolverhampton as they fetched and dropped off my car and didn't wash it as asked. So overall I'm pretty happy now with the car,been to some lovely places with great roads and had some fun thru the year. And definitely don't tire of its looks. Ps, thx to everyone who's contributed to this thread, good to share info and thoughts on the 'Pocket Rocket' . Here's a pic after today's spruce up.
Looks great Andy. Now about 3 months into ST ownership and no problems so far!
Andy4791
Silver Member

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

Norfolk Boy wrote::D
Looks great Andy. Now about 3 months into ST ownership and no problems so far!
Nice one, boys an toys ay? Lol
Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti

Post by Norfolk Boy »

Yes indeed!
green_comet
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTI

Post by green_comet »

Looks like Vary in Japan have been working on a 6C front lip for XAS m+, trying to get my hands on one now.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/userid/ ... /38221182/

Bigfish99
New
Drives: GTI DSG

Post by Bigfish99 »

I really hope they bring this out with CF... then i really need this haha