Drives: Polo GTI 2016

Re: New GTI

Post by Bigtam »

Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

I wish I could get excited over Ford's offerings but they never quite do it for me. They always seem to be trying a bit too hard with the styling in some bits and not hard enough in other parts. It's got too much of the Ford SUV DNA in its looks for my taste.

I'm sure it'll be a great car to drive though.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

Penarth Blues wrote:I wish I could get excited over Ford's offerings but they never quite do it for me. They always seem to be trying a bit too hard with the styling in some bits and not hard enough in other parts. It's got too much of the Ford SUV DNA in its looks for my taste.

i looked at the rear and thought c-max on 80% magnification
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

Dink wrote:
Penarth Blues wrote:I wish I could get excited over Ford's offerings but they never quite do it for me. They always seem to be trying a bit too hard with the styling in some bits and not hard enough in other parts. It's got too much of the Ford SUV DNA in its looks for my taste.

i looked at the rear and thought c-max on 80% magnification
I thought B-Max - but much the same thing. Just not my taste but I'm sure it'll excite a lot of people. I'm also a little unsure about how the hell you have cylinder shut-off on a 3 cylinder engine without it being horribly unbalanced??
Pologti17
New
Drives: Polo 1.2 awaiting Gti.

Post by Pologti17 »

ASneakyHippo wrote:
Circle6C9 wrote:
Rik762 wrote:Made in Pamplona Spain. Transit time from 2 weeks upward depending on how fast it gets on a ship.
I was wondering where Polo GTIs were built / assembled - are they all assembled in Spain or do they use other plants in Europe?
I'm sure I was told Germany :shock:

Was just told by vw live chat my car is on a boat called nordic ace, yours could be too!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4StringBass
New
Drives: 2017 Polo GTi

Post by 4StringBass »

hsbwilli wrote:What app or site are you guys using to track your car, seem to be getting a lot of info, I only have "in transit" on the VW tracker...
Contact your dealer or VW customer services and they'll be able to tell you what boat it is on. From there you can use Marine Traffic or similar website to track the boat.
hsbwilli
New
Drives: Polo GTI - Black

Post by hsbwilli »

4StringBass wrote:
hsbwilli wrote:What app or site are you guys using to track your car, seem to be getting a lot of info, I only have "in transit" on the VW tracker...
Contact your dealer or VW customer services and they'll be able to tell you what boat it is on. From there you can use Marine Traffic or similar website to track the boat.
Great, thanks. I was also told it is on the Nordic Ace. Due to arrive in Sheerness, Kent around 11 tonight. Hopefully they don't have to be at the Port or Dealers for a long time before we can pick them up.
Rik762
Getting There!
Drives: 2017 Polo GTI DSG

Post by Rik762 »

It's just level with the Isle of Wight at the moment.
ASneakyHippo
New

Post by ASneakyHippo »

hsbwilli wrote:
4StringBass wrote:
Great, thanks. I was also told it is on the Nordic Ace. Due to arrive in Sheerness, Kent around 11 tonight. Hopefully they don't have to be at the Port or Dealers for a long time before we can pick them up.
Dealers in my experience take a day or so to process the car and make sure it's clean :)
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Bigtam wrote:
SRGTD wrote:
ASneakyHippo wrote:
Meh :mrgreen: without DSG I'm not interested haha
Looks very similar to the current model from that angle, although from the back, the rear lights are now horizontal and lower down than before. I've no doubt it'll drive and handle very well. I do hope they've given it better headlights and not candle-powered halogens like the current model and they've upped the security so it's not so easy to steal as the current model.
Yeah your dead right with those things

I've my eye on the new Yaris 1.8 supercharged ... should be announced next few days a Geneva .. [emoji1362]

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

rm55mcc wrote:
Bigtam wrote:
SRGTD wrote:
Looks very similar to the current model from that angle, although from the back, the rear lights are now horizontal and lower down than before. I've no doubt it'll drive and handle very well. I do hope they've given it better headlights and not candle-powered halogens like the current model and they've upped the security so it's not so easy to steal as the current model.
Yeah your dead right with those things

I've my eye on the new Yaris 1.8 supercharged ... should be announced next few days a Geneva .. [emoji1362]

From what I've read about it, it'll be a serious competitor for likes of the Polo GTI and Fiesta ST. Don't know if I could live with the looks though, which IMO are a bit 'marmite'!
Bigtam
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2016

Post by Bigtam »

LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

Haven't been on here for a while, thought I'd let everyone know the turbo went on my car last week though! 8,800 miles in! Started getting a horrible whining nouse 1500 - 3000rpm when driving. Took it into VW on Saturday morning and the tech drove it, said it wasn't right and managed to get some nice new noises out of it I hadn't managed but booked it in for this morning but let me drive it for the rest of the weekend. Got told today the turbo has gone and needs replacing.. all good fun! Luckily covered by the warranty and apparently I'm getting a Golf to tide me over in the meantime.

Anyone else had this experience?
ASneakyHippo
New

Post by ASneakyHippo »

LegoDeano wrote:Haven't been on here for a while, thought I'd let everyone know the turbo went on my car last week though! 8,800 miles in! Started getting a horrible whining nouse 1500 - 3000rpm when driving. Took it into VW on Saturday morning and the tech drove it, said it wasn't right and managed to get some nice new noises out of it I hadn't managed but booked it in for this morning but let me drive it for the rest of the weekend. Got told today the turbo has gone and needs replacing.. all good fun! Luckily covered by the warranty and apparently I'm getting a Golf to tide me over in the meantime.

Anyone else had this experience?
:shock: s**t the bed!!
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

ASneakyHippo wrote:
:shock: s**t the bed!!
I'll take that as a no :lol: they've given me a nice TSI Golf for the time being. Apparently the new turbo is arriving today and they'll let me know when it's fitted - could be tomorrow, could be next week. Touch wood that's not the start of a lot of issues! Went and got my bits out of the car yesterday after work and saw a nice big notice on the dash "DRIVE SLOW - TURBO FAILURE" :cry: