New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Re: New GTI

Post by JoeMarano »

It's the control unit for the battery as apparantly it's recalled on all Polo's and if not done the battery can lose charge. That's what I was told.

I have my first service video on my youtube channel "Gassed up" or just search polo gti 2016 and find me that way
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

JoeMarano wrote:It's the control unit for the battery as apparantly it's recalled on all Polo's and if not done the battery can lose charge. That's what I was told.

I have my first service video on my youtube channel "Gassed up" or just search polo gti 2016 and find me that way
Hi Joe, I commented on ur video. Think I was the first. Glad to meet u on here lol
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Post by JoeMarano »

I get around lol :)
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Lol
d7lan
New
Drives: Awaiting delivery of 6C GTI 5dr

Post by d7lan »

Spent a few hours today cleaning inside and out in prep for the winter weather. I'm very surprised that the paintwork is still looking very fresh despite being 5 months and 7500 miles into ownership.

Checked the oil and it has used a small amount so I topped up with some of Castrol's finest 5W30 fully synthetic. Little tip, don't pay £19.99 a litre from Halfords like this mug, Asda are selling for £12.

Mileage is a lot higher than I'd expected to be doing but change of work circumstances means I'm 80 miles a day commute now. Car running a treat, just one or two very minor rattles inside annoying me but nobody else hears them...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Yeah reds sweet wen clean, need to do mine. Seems rattles are quite common.
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

Andy4791 wrote:Yeah reds sweet wen clean, need to do mine. Seems rattles are quite common.
Had a red Scirocco. That always looked fantastic when clean. Collected my GTI on Friday. Straight into my garage for a hard wax coating. Paintwork feels and looks fantastic now. Found the windscreen appeared to have been waxed though!! Took a while to clean and get the wipers to run smoothly. Wheels will have to come off some time this week to spray a protective coating inside and out for the alloys. Surprised it had not been better prepped by the dealer. No rattles yet. Now the boring bit - running in. Had forgotten how well this engine picks up from low rev though :D .
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

d7lan wrote: just one or two very minor rattles inside annoying me but nobody else hears them...
Andy4791 wrote:Seems rattles are quite common.
Just booked mine in for the first service. Mentioned the rattle that seems to be coming from the stereo area. Thought I'd sussed it the other day after taking everything out the glove box and storage areas but it's returned ... :evil: Can't hear it once I get above 35ish though?

The other one which has been sorted was in the passenger side vanity light.
d7lan
New

Post by d7lan »

nats148 wrote:
d7lan wrote: just one or two very minor rattles inside annoying me but nobody else hears them...
Andy4791 wrote:Seems rattles are quite common.
Just booked mine in for the first service. Mentioned the rattle that seems to be coming from the stereo area. Thought I'd sussed it the other day after taking everything out the glove box and storage areas but it's returned ... :evil: Can't hear it once I get above 35ish though?

The other one which has been sorted was in the passenger side vanity light.
Only one that bugs me now is from the seatbelt height adjuster. My driving position has the seat almost at the back of the runners, so the adjuster is right by my ear. Only the very smoothest of tarmac will stop it rattling, but it's very minor.

I did have another rattle which sounded like the spare wheel or jack in the boot. Turned out the folding rear seat hadn't been latched properly - gave it a good slam closed and it's been quiet since.

gregmkv
New
Drives: 2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG

Post by gregmkv »

joe6 wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:Surprised it had not been better prepped by the dealer.
At least your dealer didn't leave you some small scratches and also tonnes of swirl marks! VW 'detailers' are absolute s**t.
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

gregmkv wrote:
joe6 wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:Surprised it had not been better prepped by the dealer.
At least your dealer didn't leave you some small scratches and also tonnes of swirl marks! VW 'detailers' are absolute s**t.
Always hammer home to em under no circumstances are they to wash it. Even put post it note on my steering wheel telling em lol
gregmkv
New
Drives: 2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG

Post by gregmkv »

Andy4791 wrote:
gregmkv wrote:
joe6 wrote:
Always hammer home to em under no circumstances are they to wash it. Even put post it note on my steering wheel telling em lol
Well unless my dealer wants to pay out another £200 to have the car corrected then I hope they listen when it goes in on the 14th!
d7lan
New

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: New GTI

Post by d7lan »

gregmkv wrote:
Andy4791 wrote:
gregmkv wrote:
Well unless my dealer wants to pay out another £200 to have the car corrected then I hope they listen when it goes in on the 14th!
In contrast to almost every other post on this, my car was very well prepped when I collected - Inch VW in Bathgate (though now bought over by Arnold Clark). I decided to wait and see how they managed and was pleasantly surprised, no swirl marks at all.

However it seems that the majority, on this thread at least, were unhappy so it probably pays to be proactive with drilling it into the dealer before collection, etc.

joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

For most people a new car is probably the biggest single purchase after a house. Some dealers do not seem to recognise that (and neither do VW customer services most of the time). My dealer knows not to wash my VWs. They are always pristine when they go to the dealers and I make sure they do the walk round when it arrives and when it is collected. No problems yet in 6 years.
d7lan
New

Post by d7lan »

Ended up with some impromptu photography of the car tonight, these are my favourites of the lot

Also saw a silk blue GTI on the M8 eastbound, joined in front of me at the Glasgow Fort