Re: New GTI

Post by Andy4791 »

Looks the business my friend, welcome
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Looks great Bigtam. Good choice of colour too with Blue Silk (although I may be a little biased!).
Bigtam
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2016

Post by Bigtam »

Thanks guys not a lot of blue going around. Extras include auto light auto wipers sat nav park assist sport pack.
JaegerStriker
Bronze Member
Drives: 6C GTI

Post by JaegerStriker »

Bigtam wrote:Here is our new toy

its beautiful. cant wait till i upgrade my 1L se to the gti in blue silk
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!
Drives: Candy White Polo 6R

Post by 6RPotentialBuyer »

I was quite happy with my little Polo S with it's mighty 3 cylinder engine. I hate to admit it but I am quite incredibly jealous of all these GTI's. They look so damn good, especially the diamond cut alloys, want! :D
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

6RPotentialBuyer wrote:I was quite happy with my little Polo S with it's mighty 3 cylinder engine. I hate to admit it but I am quite incredibly jealous of all these GTI's. They look so damn good, especially the diamond cut alloys, want! :D
There's nothing wrong with a Polo S; everybody has to start somewhere. I'm assuming the Polo S is your first car, in which case it's a very good starting point.

Set the Polo GTI as your target and work towards it.
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!
Drives: Candy White Polo 6R

Post by 6RPotentialBuyer »

SRGTD wrote:
6RPotentialBuyer wrote:I was quite happy with my little Polo S with it's mighty 3 cylinder engine. I hate to admit it but I am quite incredibly jealous of all these GTI's. They look so damn good, especially the diamond cut alloys, want! :D
There's nothing wrong with a Polo S; everybody has to start somewhere. I'm assuming the Polo S is your first car, in which case it's a very good starting point.

Set the Polo GTI as your target and work towards it.
Haha I love my Polo, everyone has a soft spot for their first car. I just can't believe how good all these GTI's look
m0rrthal
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 VW Polo 6C GTI

Post by m0rrthal »

I have my GTI for a little over a year now. Three days ago for the first time I received a notification on the dashboard that it's 30 days until I need to change oil. Since then, during each engine start and stop I get similar notification, however number of days left seems to be randomized :o Values between 29 and 33 show up, all at random even during the same day. Anyone got similar experience?
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Weird, mine counted down day by day as it should
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

m0rrthal wrote:I have my GTI for a little over a year now. Three days ago for the first time I received a notification on the dashboard that it's 30 days until I need to change oil. Since then, during each engine start and stop I get similar notification, however number of days left seems to be randomized :o Values between 29 and 33 show up, all at random even during the same day. Anyone got similar experience?
Ours did that too - seemingly dependent on how we'd driven the car. Long journeys motorway journeys lengthened the time to service. We're on the long-life service interval (2 years apparently) and this started around 12k miles and 15 months. I decided to have it serviced anyway as I didn't like the idea of leaving the oil that long with lots of town driving. The service was worth doing as they sorted out handbrake travel and a few other things like updating the firmware on the infotainment unit
Rik21
New
Drives: 6R Gti

Grey to Gloss Black

Post by Rik21 »

Has anyone painted their diffuser/ side skirts/ front splitter gloss black?
If so could you share some photos?
GeorgeS78
New
Drives: Polo 9N3 soon to be 6C GTI

Post by GeorgeS78 »

Rik21 wrote:Has anyone painted their diffuser/ side skirts/ front splitter gloss black?
If so could you share some photos?
Haven't painted it but have a gloss black splitterImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

m0rrthal wrote:I have my GTI for a little over a year now. Three days ago for the first time I received a notification on the dashboard that it's 30 days until I need to change oil. Since then, during each engine start and stop I get similar notification, however number of days left seems to be randomized :o Values between 29 and 33 show up, all at random even during the same day. Anyone got similar experience?
Penarth Blues wrote:
Ours did that too - seemingly dependent on how we'd driven the car. Long journeys motorway journeys lengthened the time to service. We're on the long-life service interval (2 years apparently) and this started around 12k miles and 15 months. I decided to have it serviced anyway as I didn't like the idea of leaving the oil that long with lots of town driving. The service was worth doing as they sorted out handbrake travel and a few other things like updating the firmware on the infotainment unit

Mine did it by miles, so first service was done on 9300, surprised it wasn't 10k though.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

nats148 wrote:
Penarth Blues wrote:

Mine did it by miles, so first service was done on 9300, surprised it wasn't 10k though.
I think the mileage limit for time and distance servicing is actually 15,000 kilometres. Converting that to miles is 9,320 miles, so 9,300 would be correct.