New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Re: New GTI

Post by joe6 »

There have been a few turbo failures on standard cars. See this thread viewtopic.php?f=56&t=68427&p=511160&hil ... es#p511160
Hope none of the bits have been ingested into the engine or damaged the cat. Make sure the garage can account for all the bits when the turbo is removed.
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

joe6 wrote:There have been a few turbo failures on standard cars. See this thread viewtopic.php?f=56&t=68427&p=511160&hil ... es#p511160
Hope none of the bits have been ingested into the engine or damaged the cat. Make sure the garage can account for all the bits when the turbo is removed.
Thanks for the heads up Joe. Apparently they started work yesterday and are continuing today. I'll make sure they've done a full check and accounted for everything. Thanks again..
billypaulmason
New
Drives: '16 Polo GTI

Post by billypaulmason »

Dan_Edin
New
Drives: GTI

Post by Dan_Edin »

billypaulmason wrote:https://youtu.be/9TH-ZPWqvCs

- Billy
great vid mate. is yours flat black?
Shark00n
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 6C

Post by Shark00n »

Hey guys!

What are usually the go-to mods to improve the sound a little bit? Or at least to make it a little bit more throatty and present in the cabin.
I don't have the sport button so no speaker enhanced sound for me :D
I'm not looking into anything too drastic or expensive. A full custom exhaust is a bit much.

Has anyone put the ABT power-chip in theirs? Is it worth the money?
Looks great for a part co-developed with VW.

And finally, my Bridgestones are on their last legs. What tyre are you guys going for? (summer tyre)

Thanks! Sorry for all the questions, haven't been here in a while.

Here's mine on a little visit to a quarry
JackM_24
Getting There!
Drives: Soon to be 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JackM_24 »

Just ordered my second GTI, my first being flat black with sport button poverty spec - I got the obligatory upgrade phone call this week, I thought I'd humour myself and go anyway expecting to be ripped off, I was in £2k neg eq on my PCP, but after some negotiating I managed to bag myself a stock 3dr GTI in deep black pearl, DSG box, titan black alcantara (do these come with heaters or are they an option?) folding mirrors and car net for £20 more a month than I was already paying, free servicing thrown in which means I can cancel my existing £20 a month service plan so I'm effect im having a new car for the same payment - happy days.

Does anyone have any pics of the deep black? I've never seen it in person - hoping to pick it up next weekend.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

JackM_24 wrote:Just ordered my second GTI, my first being flat black with sport button poverty spec - I got the obligatory upgrade phone call this week, I thought I'd humour myself and go anyway expecting to be ripped off, I was in £2k neg eq on my PCP, but after some negotiating I managed to bag myself a stock 3dr GTI in deep black pearl, DSG box, titan black alcantara (do these come with heaters or are they an option?) folding mirrors and car net for £20 more a month than I was already paying, free servicing thrown in which means I can cancel my existing £20 a month service plan so I'm effect im having a new car for the same payment - happy days.

Does anyone have any pics of the deep black? I've never seen it in person - hoping to pick it up next weekend.
Jack, heated seats come as part of the alcantara upgrade. There are lots of Deep Black Pearl Polo GTI's on the VW website in the used cars section. Use the used cars locator, input the selection criteria and you'll find them.

In dull lighting conditions, Deep Black Pearl looks quite similar to Flat Black, but in bright light and sunny conditions the mica particles in the paint that gives the pearlescent finish really pop and sparkle. I had 2 DBP Golfs. DBP is a labour of love to keep looking good and swirl-free, but looks great when clean. I don't really need to tell you that though, as you already have a black car!

Enjoy your new car when you get it.
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Hi all, just reading last posts about keeping black swirl free. Gave my flash red a dull decon and machine polish this week. It's better than when was new, dealers swirls etc. Really like the car after the long wait and few interior rattles early on. Image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Looking good Andy and really glossy; glad you're still enjoying it. I'm still enjoying mine too. I have a few very light swirls to sort out on mine, but will probably wait now until after the summer.

What polish, wax/sealant do you use? Mine is currently 'wearing' a coat of Fusso Dark Coat 12 Months wax; really a sealant rather than a wax but I really rate it in terms of it's durability and water beading properties.
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Thx, I used Menzerna final finish 3800 on a black hex logic pad. A very light combo but was enough to get rid of swirls and leave a great finish. Topped it with R222 carnauba wax

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Post by rm55mcc »

Can anyone recommend a set off lowering springs ?? Noting to low just a nice drop... thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

rm55mcc wrote:Can anyone recommend a set off lowering springs ?? Noting to low just a nice drop... thanks

Racingline Performance aka Eibach. I got those too. About 2 cm down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rm55mcc
Silver Member

Post by rm55mcc »

Jerry77 wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:Can anyone recommend a set off lowering springs ?? Noting to low just a nice drop... thanks

You have a pic ???

Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

rm55mcc wrote:
Jerry77 wrote:

You have a pic ???

rm55mcc
Silver Member

Post by rm55mcc »

Any one recommend a nice sounding cat back??