Two Cars - One weekend - the new Polo Blue GT arrives.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Re: Two Cars - One weekend - the new Polo Blue GT arrives.

Post by Ricmondo »

If you do manage to contrive a way to control door opener from dash be sure to publish on the forum, I would be very interested and I'm sure I'm not alone.

The older I get the lazier I get but I do love gadgets.
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

You've made both cars look amazing - congratulations!

The Golf GTi would probably be the ideal car for me but I just can't get on with the rear light cluster. I find the Polo much neater and stylish in that area - hence the Polo GTi rather than the Golf (plus the ~£10k savings don't hurt either :D )

Hope you enjoy both cars and look forward to hearing your views on both after having driven them for a while
Quicksilver
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo GTi DSG

Post by Quicksilver »

Wow! That was one busy weekend. Both cars look fabulous!

I like the heel pads in the carpets. I do not have that and I imagine the driver's carpet will wear badly
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

Very nice
Sui
New

Post by Sui »

Hi Norbreck,

Where are those mats from, or are they the standard ones from VW?

Hoping to order my BlueGT within the next fortnight :D
boydeee
New
Drives: Mk7 Golf GTI PP

Post by boydeee »

A bit of thread revival here...
Both cars look great!
Did you have a kit to install footwell lighting?
Pologti17
New
Drives: Polo 1.2 awaiting Gti.

Post by Pologti17 »

Norbreck21a wrote:Haha.... I wondered who would be the first to spot that - well done sir :lol:

Basically the wife has a bit of OCD and didn't like having one spare blank plate in the dash (I know, I know... before you say it :D ), so I ordered her a sport switch from a GTI just to plug the gap. Was only £11 on German ebay.

I must admit, it does finish the dash off but is totally function-less (unless I can figure out a way to use it as our Garage door opener button ?
Hey norbreck,

regards to the sport button, how hard was this to attach? Thinking of getting one for myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

Dead Easy. Release the trim surrounding the climate / heater controls (just gently pull off from the bottom edge). Then carefully release the trim surrounding the radio / air vents. Work slowly releasing each clip and in a few minutes the whole trim pops off. Then you can slide the switch into the dash (after removing the blank plate) and it clicks in. Then just snap the trims back on.

Whole thing took me around 5-6 minutes to do IIRC. Also don't forget in the wife's car, this was for atheistic purposes only and is not functional or wired in - it was just to finish the dash off.

(sorry for the delay in replying to the thread, but I've not been on here for a while).
Pologti17
New
Drives: Polo 1.2 awaiting Gti.

Post by Pologti17 »

Norbreck21a wrote:Dead Easy. Release the trim surrounding the climate / heater controls (just gently pull off from the bottom edge). Then carefully release the trim surrounding the radio / air vents. Work slowly releasing each clip and in a few minutes the whole trim pops off. Then you can slide the switch into the dash (after removing the blank plate) and it clicks in. Then just snap the trims back on.

Whole thing took me around 5-6 minutes to do IIRC. Also don't forget in the wife's car, this was for atheistic purposes only and is not functional or wired in - it was just to finish the dash off.

(sorry for the delay in replying to the thread, but I've not been on here for a while).
Great thanks! Yeah not too much of a fan of the little vent/card holder where some buttons should be! Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

Following on my finishing off some small jobs on the Wife's Blue GT that I'd forgotten, I noticed (for the first time really) today that the front fog lamp bulbs on her blue GT look really very yellow in comparison to the Xenon headlights she has.

Can anyone recommend a brand/type of bulb that will give a much brighter and whiter light than the standard fit VW bulbs please (not even sure what type of bulbs they are) ?