6RPotentialBuyers Candy White Polo S

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!
Drives: Candy White Polo 6R

6RPotentialBuyers Candy White Polo S

Post by 6RPotentialBuyer »

Hi guys,

I finally got my Polo 6R :D I'm absolutely in love with the car, it's perfect!! Just a shame I have to wait 3/4 months until I get my licence.

Anyway it's the bog standard Polo S, 1.2 60hp with 15" Cadiz Alloy wheels (So happy to have alloys).

Mods that I'm hoping to do in the near future
Upgrade the speakers
Garage door opener (Thanks ciclo)
3 rear windows tinted
Retrofit front foglights (If possible)
Add boot/trunk lighting and footwell lighting like Ciclo
Probably a lot more to come haha

Here's the car, I know it's dirty. It's getting a deep clean over the weekend for sure
I didn't get the original key with the unlock/lock buttons. I only got this key which isn't even the original spare key. Does anyone know the best way to get an orignal key with unlock/lock button in the UK? This key does work fine but I would like to have one with the buttons.

So what's the best way to get an Aux cable in my car? I've had a look at this guide which seem's to be the easiest way https://everythingautomotivediy.wordpre ... n-rcd-210/ because you can buy the part for less that £20 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Music-CD- ... SwjMJXBjQX. Does anyone have experience with this? I would love to get the RCD510 but I can't justify £100+ just to use the Aux and I don't want to get an aftermarket stereo because I like the OEM look.

Last edited by 6RPotentialBuyer on Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
haflidij
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4 2013 6R

Re: Pulled the trigger!

Post by haflidij »

Way to go man !! And congratz on the new car :D

I also was going to buy some kind of an adapter to use the AUX but i went with an aftermarket headunit instead. I had one that i wasnt using and swapped it in.
Here is my car
1.4 petrol
89hp
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!

I think the Polo looks killer in grey! I would put an aftermarket one in but I just really like the idea of having something that looks OEM. If it doesn't require any coding then I might bite the bullet and get the RCD510 but if this Aux adapter works for the RCD210 then I will defo go for it. Oh yeah I didn't get a code for my RCD210, I looked through all the paperwork that came with the car and couldn't find the anti-theft code. Any idea where to find it?
haflidij
Silver Member

Post by haflidij »

6RPotentialBuyer wrote:I think the Polo looks killer in grey! I would put an aftermarket one in but I just really like the idea of having something that looks OEM. If it doesn't require any coding then I might bite the bullet and get the RCD510 but if this Aux adapter works for the RCD210 then I will defo go for it. Oh yeah I didn't get a code for my RCD210, I looked through all the paperwork that came with the car and couldn't find the anti-theft code. Any idea where to find it?
A friend of my dad swapped the aftermarket one in for me before i even knew that it was even possible to have aux on the rcd210. So in the longrun i would also prefer the OEM look with the standard 210 or maybe 510 in the future.

And yes the dark grey is kinda my favorite out of all the colors. Also i was planing on buying this front bumper maybe around july , august. It looks amazing!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Polo-R-Lin ... 2063769558?
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!

I would defo love to get R-line bumpers but then I'd have to declare it to the insurance company which would skyrocket the price, They just hate anyone <20 years old, not to mention a 17 year old :(
haflidij
Silver Member

Post by haflidij »

6RPotentialBuyer wrote:I would defo love to get R-line bumpers but then I'd have to declare it to the insurance company which would skyrocket the price, They just hate anyone <20 years old, not to mention a 17 year old :(
Oh wow what that wierd :P Do you have to tell the insurance comapany if you change your front bumper on your car?.
Thats atleast not how its here in Iceland , you can pretty much change anything without leting anyone know it.
And yes thats the R bumper from a golf or its the same style just for the polo.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Yes, pretty much all insurers in the UK will want to know about any mods you make that alter the factory spec of your car, and this will likely be written into the small print in their documentation. Depending on what the mods are, some insurers will charge you an additional premium or apply an increased excess (or both). Modifications that alter the car's performance or handling, and/or would increase the cost of repairing it (such as non standard body parts that might be more difficult for the insurer to source to repair the car) are the ones that are most likely to result in you being charged more for your insurance cover. So to answer your question haflidij, yes you should declare a non standard bumper to your insurer in the UK.

I had a set of non standard wheels on my last car; a mk6 Golf. They were VW wheels, bought from the VW dealer and the same size / spec as the original wheels; just a different design and colour. I declared them to my insurer, who just noted their records. I'll shortly be putting a new set of wheels on my GTI, so will tell my insurer when I do.

If you're in the UK, It's best to find a mod-friendly insurer if you plan to make changes to your car!
2015_polo
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 6c polo

Re: RE: Re: Pulled the trigger!

Post by 2015_polo »

6RPotentialBuyer wrote:I think the Polo looks killer in grey! I would put an aftermarket one in but I just really like the idea of having something that looks OEM. If it doesn't require any coding then I might bite the bullet and get the RCD510 but if this Aux adapter works for the RCD210 then I will defo go for it. Oh yeah I didn't get a code for my RCD210, I looked through all the paperwork that came with the car and couldn't find the anti-theft code. Any idea where to find it?
The radio code is logged with volkswagen so they can tell you but would need the vin number and the serial number on the radio which is on the side of it but they can tell you in minutes if you get the numbers the radio is only 4 torx bolts holding it in .... just incase you need it in the future

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that the problem with the old way of handling ICE security code keys was, invariably the original owner did not know where the key code was and invariably did not bother to pass it on for the next owner to use - a bit like what happened to the door key lock number tag, so both of them have disappeared.

Initially, if you called VW with the serial number of a radio, they would send the code to the address of the registered owner, then it changed to you needing to also provide the VIN of the original car before they would help - that was aimed at stopping radios from being stolen and sold on, just a pity that it also meant that a few people bought a good but used radio on ebay, maybe from a scrap dealer, but with no code, with the instruction to use a standard software package to retrieve the code! This only worked with the original Philips radios, some Fords and others, for VAG radios from the past 15 or so years, the security code needs to be read from a chip, using correct harness and software, then passed through some software package to generate the four(?) digit security code - so people that bought a radio without a code and not knowing the original car's VIN just ended up with a lump of useless scrap.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

6RPotentialBuyer wrote:Hi guys,

I finally got my Polo 6R :D I'm absolutely in love with the car, it's perfect!! Just a shame I have to wait 3/4 months until I get my licence.

Anyway it's the bog standard Polo S, 1.2 60hp with 15" Cadiz Alloy wheels (So happy to have alloys).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't get the original key with the unlock/lock buttons. I only got this key which isn't even the original spare key. Does anyone know the best way to get an orignal key with unlock/lock button in the UK? This key does work fine but I would like to have one with the buttons.

One thing, are you sure that that car does have remote central locking fitted as standard, I'm just asking so that if you find out that it has not, then that would change what you need to do.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

To be honest, I was expecting something else when I read the title :wink:
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!

Oh ok so you have to go to the dealership for the code. That kinda makes more sense, I just remember my mums old Mercedes having a code for the radio and I thought mine was missing. I'm pretty sure that this car has central locking because when I lock the car from the drivers side key hole on the door handle the passenger side locks as well. I think I'm just gonna have to swallow the cost and go to a dealership. If I lose my only key then it's going to be a hell of a lot more expensive.Oh yeah has anyone tried this RCD210 Aux adapter? I want to try it but if it's rubbish then I won't bother
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!

SRGTD wrote:Depending on what the mods are, some insurers will charge you an additional premium or apply an increased excess (or both).
I'm not the boy racer type and this is so annoying, I think the back of the Polo s is a bit plain so I wanted to add the R line/Blue GT/GTi rear bumper but it just adds a crazy amount of money, ugh :roll:
6RPotentialBuyer
Getting There!

Re: 6RPotentialBuyers Candy White Polo S

So I've been a bit busy over the past few weeks doing some small mods, really want to get a gloss black vinyl roof and the 3 rear windows tinted now but I'll have to find out with insurance companies.
Couple of questions...
Should I get my 15" Cadiz alloy wheels refurbished and painted grey, specifically BMW Ferric grey?
I'd like to upgrade the speakers in my front doors so that they have a bit more bass and the tweeters in the A pillars. I don't want to change the headunit and I'm not interested in having a subwoofer in the car so what should I look for, I just want to change out the factory speakers to something a bit nicer, what should I do? (Advice on this would be very appreciated even though it's beaten to death as a topic :oops: )

Anyway here are my little mods so far, I've included the [cost] because a lot of people would like to do some cheap mods but don't know what to do.

Mirrors have gone from the ugly plain plastic.
To a slick gloss black, painted by yours truly which I'm so pleased with. [~£10]
A great link here showing you how paint plastic, takes time but the results are brilliant. http://www.pugaddicts.co.uk/2012/06/com ... c-car.html

I changed the AC controls for the nicer chrome finish, compared to the gloss black which I didn't like. [Free! From a local junkyard]

I painted the plastic on the tailgate logo gloss black which makes it look like the Polo 6C. [Left over material from mirror caps]
Really like how this looks, it's a small change but you notice it every time you open the boot.

I upgraded the gear knob to the one found on the Polo 6C, the old one was getting a bit tatty [£5 local junkyard]

I also upgraded my RCD210 to the RCD310 because I really wanted an Aux input. [£35]
Here's a link showing how I did it. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=68687
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

6RPotentialBuyer wrote: ------- I'm pretty sure that this car has central locking because when I lock the car from the drivers side key hole on the door handle the passenger side locks as well. I think I'm just gonna have to swallow the cost and go to a dealership. If I lose my only key then it's going to be a hell of a lot more expensive. -------
Sorry but what I was meaning that to need and use the key with buttons your car would be have been fitted with "remote" central locking, it has as you have discover central locking, but does it have "remote" functionality, maybe get that checked before buying a full function key(s).

Edit:- excellent plan though as having only one key will cause some pain a bit later!