1.2 TDI DPF Problems

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
briarswood57
New
Drives: 2011 1.2 Tdi

1.2 TDI DPF Problems

Post by briarswood57 »

Hi there, first post on this forum and hope someone can help......

We have a 1.2 TDI which was running fine with 50K on the clock at which point it suffered an injector failure on cy.3 After paying an astronomical amount for the injector to be changed and re-coded the dealer then advised the DPF was ruined -presumably due to the amount of diesel and black soot generated from the injector fault.

Rather than throw another £2K to get the dpf replaced by the dealer I bought a low mileage second hand one, fitted it (which is a right old pantomime of dropping the front subframe etc., cleared all the fault codes with VAG Comm, re-set all the learned values etc. and all seemed fine and back to normal. The problem now seems to be that every 600-700 miles the DPF light comes back on - the diagnostics suggesting that its filled with soot. I tried re-setting all the values again and the DPF light came back on after another 700 miles.

I thought it might be a problem with the differential pressure sensor - giving an incorrect reading and fooling the system into thinking its accumulating more soot than it actually is? I have changed this for another sensor, reset all the values again and still it seems to be accumulating 2g of soot every 40 miles or so.

Any advice / help to rectify this would be much appreciated. Re-setting all the learned values every 700 miles is not an ideal solution. Is there something obvious I am missing?

Thanks.