TSI wheel offset query

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
manimal
New
Drives: polo tsi

TSI wheel offset query

Post by manimal »

Hi, I own a 2012 TSI which has the 17 inch vw alloys on, they need a refurb so I've just bought some spare alloys, 17 x 7.5 , offset 35, cb 57.1, 5 x 100
Can anyone please help me out here and confirm that they will fit/ predict any problems and I haven't bought a lemon?
mucho appreciated
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: TSI wheel offset query

Post by RUM4MO »

Well, I'll assume that the centre bore diameter is okay, so that just means moving on to the fact that the 17" wheels are 7.5J and ET35, from what I use on wife's 1.2TSI 110PS, the 16" wheels are 7.0J and ET 46 - the winter wheels I fit to it are 15" 6.0J and ET40 - so what you have bought will not be ideal - will it!

Really you need to have check all the dimensions on a wheel comparison website to see how far these wheels will be located from what you have currently fitted, in terms of potential fouling.

Edit:- I'm guessing that you already now the stock 17" wheel option is 7.0J and round about ET43? I initially considered buying a set of Audi A1 for winter use on wife's Polo, but gave that idea a miss due to the offset issue.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Hi manimal. Do you know which 17" VW alloys you currently have? If they're 17x7 then these are likely to be;
- bolt pattern; 5x100
- centre bore; 57.1
- offset; 46

The Serron alloys I had on my GTI Polo were this spec, and the Motorsport alloys I've recently fitted are the same spec. Both these designs of alloys are 7" wide. VW also have a 7.5" wide alloy which is fitted to the Polo GTI as standard (Parabolica). Afraid I don't know what the offset of this wheel is.

I've had a quick look on Rimstyle.com to see if any of the 17" wheels they sell for a Polo have an offset of 35. The good news is they do, so ET 35 shouldn't present any risks, otherwise Rimstyle wouldn't be selling them in 17x7.5 ET 35 spec for the Polo.

Your spare alloys will produce a wider stance than your current wheels and under certain road conditions there's a small chance there may be a risk of 'rubbing', but shouldn't be an issue if your suspension is standard height.

Link to Rimstyle website below. I've also included a link to an offset calculator; you can input the width and offset of your old and new wheels and it will calculate how much more / less clearance your spare alloys will give. Assuming your original wheels are 7" wide and offset 46, then your spare alloys will give 5mm more clearance on the inside / back face of the wheel and the outside / front face will protrude 17mm more.

http://www.rimstyle.com
http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

One more thing; your existing wheel bolts might not be suitable for your new/spare wheels, if the profile of the bolt and the bolt holes in your new wheels is different.

Hope this is useful.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

Here is my car with 7,5x17" ET35 with 195/40-17 tires.
Fits perfect.

Nlolotte
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 1.2 R-Line TSI 6R

Post by Nlolotte »

Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:Here is my car with 7,5x17" ET35 with 195/40-17 tires.
Fits perfect.

that looks amazing where can i find those spoiler side vents in black?
Robby71
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Golf R-Line EVO

Post by Robby71 »

Nlolotte wrote:
that looks amazing where can i find those spoiler side vents in black?
If you mean on the tailgate then these are standard on the BlueGT models
Nlolotte
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 1.2 R-Line TSI 6R

Post by Nlolotte »

you got a part number man? also how did you do your tailgate badge like that?
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

Nlolotte wrote:you got a part number man? also how did you do your tailgate badge like that?
They are stock on mine. So I don't have a part number. You also need the GTI/GT spoiler for the black side pieces to fit.

Funny enough I have removed mine and the spoiler and put on a WRC spoiler instead.
(And yes both spoiler and sidepieces have been sold)
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

Nlolotte wrote:you got a part number man? also how did you do your tailgate badge like that?
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=60057&start=195
next703
New
Drives: polo 2

Post by next703 »

cool photos!! Golden discs - the fire and dream)))!
Sprint Customer Service hours