Bought 2015 BlueGT - Thoughts/ questions

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Robby71
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Golf R-Line EVO

Bought 2015 BlueGT - Thoughts/ questions

Post by Robby71 »

Well just done a 6 hour round trip to se/ drive a 2015 BlueGT which i reserved last week - very impressed :D
Coming from a Fiesta ST2 there wasn't a great deal of difference felt in power (ST has 180bhp + 17 secs of overboost giving another 17bhp) sonot dissapointed with performance. Fuel computer showing 42.3mpg in Polo on test drive on various roads where ST does 33.9mpg, Polo a lot more comfy to drive and seats not as firm so happy there as well :D
Polo interior is better looking in places (stereo/ steering wheel) but ST has ambient lights in cupholders, on sill covers, under door handles, etc so that beats Polo in other places.
Both cars have similar extras - polo has winter and sight packs (armrest as well but was that standard?) - Polo has washer jets ST doesn't, Polo has cruise ST doesn't

Really looking forward to picking it up in a few weeks when i get rid of the ST and saving on fuel, having a nicer ride and a white car which doesn't show up all the swirls which the blue ST does (machine polished it but it keeps picking up marks).

Just ordered a pair of Yeti tailpipe trims and a set of ally pedals (listed for mk7 golf), will pick up a set of fabric VW mats to swap for the rubber ones already fitted, have lots of LEDs so will swap interior bulbs when i get it as well.

Couple of questions
Has anyone managed to fit mudflaps to a GT? i know VW say the Polo ones don't fit but are they far off (can they be trimmed neatly to fit)?
I've seen the rear cameras that fit into the number plate bulb spaces, do these plug into the head unit (no sat nav) and work or is there more involved?

They'll be a lot more questions to post as i make plans :P

Cheers