POLO GTI 6C Brakes Sticking when hot? and EBC Pad upgrade

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
C_Randell_23
Getting There!
Drives: 6C GTI Black 3dr Manual with toys

POLO GTI 6C Brakes Sticking when hot? and EBC Pad upgrade

Post by C_Randell_23 »

Hi I have noticed now that when i go for a spirited drive on the road my brakes get hot i can noticeably feel them sticking/ pads rubbing against the disks which scrubs speed of quite quick when i am off throttle and off brakes. This also causes them to go spongy quite quickly (around 5 - 10 minutes hard driving)

Before i take toe car in to VW i wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this with the new GTI?

I allowed the brakes to bed in correctly braking gently for the first 300 odd miles so this should not be the cause of the problem, i know i also had the clunking/ squeaky brakes when it was brand new. The discs don't look in the best condition now, there seems to be some scoring on the disc that i think has been caused by rubbing. I only have 4,000 miles on the car and do alot of long distance commutes that require little braking.

I phoned up EBC and discussed what pads they offer for the car, they have Yellowstuff pads for around £110 for the front and Greenstuff for £80 which i will be upgrading to unless VW can sort it?

The reason i ask if anyone else has this problem is that my dad has the Cupra 280 with the sub 8 package ( bigger brakes) and he has been having issues with his brakes, seat have come back to him saying there was a slight design fault as other sub 8 pack owners have the same problem, there has now been a revised brake set up that will be fitted to his car next week and i wonder if its a VWAG group problem?

Anyone else have the same problem i described, if so how did you sort it?