Polo GTI 6C DSG clunk when changing 2nd to 3rd in M mode

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
poloc-888
New
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Polo GTI 6C DSG clunk when changing 2nd to 3rd in M mode

Post by poloc-888 »

My first post although I often 'lurk'.

I have a 2015 Polo GTI and I'm in Australia. This issue may only apply to Oz 6Cs, built in the same Spain factory as yours but specs. no doubt vary a little.
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/ ... 06580.html

It seems there are at least 6 VWWatercooled members who have this exact same issue - a solid clunk when changing from 2nd to 3rd at around 3500-4000rpm using the paddles. No problems when using S or D (and not using paddles) - only 2nd to 3rd, 4th to 5th no problem.

VW Australia has advised most of us it's not a recognised common issue :wink: Updates to latest software achieved nothing but one South African member reported his issue was fixed with latest software (different to ours).

Anyone heard of this issue in UK or euro 6Cs?

Cheers
billypaulmason
New
Drives: '16 Polo GTI

Re: Polo GTI 6C DSG clunk when changing 2nd to 3rd in M mode

Post by billypaulmason »

Mine clunks but it's always done it... Not gotten worse and vw techs said its nothing to worry about to me [emoji53]

- Billy
dtuk_polo
New
Drives: DTUK Tuned Polo GTI

Post by dtuk_polo »

You're not letting the car get up to temperature if this is happening, make sure you run the car for 20-30 minutes too get it hot... mine does it. Is the car stock or tuned?
[Julian]
New
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI DSG Blue silk

Post by [Julian] »

Mine does it. 2015 polo gti. I'm pretty sure it does it all the time. Would not hoon it when cold so it's always been up to temperature when I've noticed the KLUNK!
Going to VW soon, I'll let you know what they say here in Finland
poloc-888
New
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Post by poloc-888 »

Thanks for the comments fellas. I always baby the car until oil temp. is at least 90C unlike the dealer's tech. who took it out the workshop early morning (left overnight) to test it and immediately thrashed it down the road - he did not see the mini cam behind the mirror or did not care.

As 'billypaulmason' wrote it's probably nothing to worry too much about and it only happens when the car is thrashed which I rarely do.
billypaulmason
New
Drives: '16 Polo GTI

Post by billypaulmason »

Mine does it, can be heard here if you listen carefully https://youtu.be/9TH-ZPWqvCs

- Billy