Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: Upgrade H7 Headlights to BiXenons in Polo GT TSi

Post by ciclo »

Edit
Reason: the videos are already available above. :wink:
Last edited by ciclo on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
graaja
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GT TSi

Post by graaja »

ciclo wrote:
Thanks ciclo for posting the Youtube videos.

And the cornering lamps were turning on in the curves and gave fantastic visibility :D
Last edited by graaja on Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

patil wrote: Thanks for the videos graaja :D

Outstanding output with clean cutoff. Nice and cool add on features. I must say, with the kind of money spent.. you will get what you pay for :mrgreen:

Don't you think the cutoff is bit high in low beam for on coming traffic? What is the color temperature?
Thanks a lot for the kind words, Patil :D

The color temperature is 4800K. I properly aligned the output cutoff, by positioning the car on a flat surface 25 feet from a wall and setting the height of the hot spot to exactly the height of the headlights. In the few days I have driven with this, I have found the cutoff to be well below the eye-line of oncoming traffic. I haven't seen anyone flashing their lights requesting me to switch to low beam.

The only time I find the cutoff to be higher is when I have passengers in the rear (still not too high). I will need to install AFS to solve this problem.
antardaksh04
New
Drives: TSI

Post by antardaksh04 »

graaja wrote:
firegrafik wrote: That hole is free only with automatic transmission. With manual transmission there is clutch pedal with clutch cylinder. And to route the wire you should find another hole.
Ah. I got lucky with the firewall I guess :D
Hi graaja,firegrafik,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Regards.
aneelr
New
Drives: GT TSI

Post by aneelr »

Hi Graaja,

Fantastic DIY on the BiXenon's, i've followed your thread both on this forum and team-bhp. I've a small question, I've also got the same BiXenon's fixed on my Dec-2016 purchased GT-TSI. (mine was not a DIY, but I had taken my vehicle to Vagtunes, Kochi and got it fixed there). My query is , there is a considerable amount of gap between the lower part of the head light and the bumper. (refer some of your image below)

Have you noticed it?? Is there a fix for it??
I'll post a reference from my car also later, right now I do not have a pic.

Thanks,
Aneel.
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

aneelr wrote:Hi Graaja,

Fantastic DIY on the BiXenon's, i've followed your thread both on this forum and team-bhp. I've a small question, I've also got the same BiXenon's fixed on my Dec-2016 purchased GT-TSI. (mine was not a DIY, but I had taken my vehicle to Vagtunes, Kochi and got it fixed there). My query is , there is a considerable amount of gap between the lower part of the head light and the bumper. (refer some of your image below)

Have you noticed it?? Is there a fix for it??
I'll post a reference from my car also later, right now I do not have a pic.

Thanks,
Aneel.
Hi Aneel,

Thank you for the kind words :D

I think that gap is because the headlights are held by the two screws to the metal frame from above. When the screws are tightened the headlights get pulled towards this frame and hence the small gap from the bumper.

I have a few questions on your installation.

1. How have VAGTune wired the cornering light function? Does it work as cornering light?
2. How have they wired the DRLs? Do your DRLs turn on when the headlight switch is in Off position?
aneelr
New
Drives: GT TSI

Post by aneelr »

graaja wrote: 1. How have VAGTune wired the cornering light function? Does it work as cornering light?
The cornering light function is similar to the stalk version. But there is no individual turn on/off as in case of your setup. My Headlight level-ing is also working as stalk.
graaja wrote: 2. How have they wired the DRLs? Do your DRLs turn on when the headlight switch is in Off position?
The DRL's are connected the the Auto-Switch, which replaces the stalk headlight switch. And it does not turn on, when in off state.

The corner light thingy which you have achieved, is it a HW setup or a VCDS setup?? And talking about the VCDS, after you mentioned about the 3 VIN offer from Ross-Tech in one of your posts on team-bhp, I too ordered one form a Ross-Tech reseller from Australia. My parents, who are there right now have received it. I'll be getting it in a couple of months. Then I may need to ping you for any assistance with the VCDS related stuffs. :)
antardaksh04
New

Post by antardaksh04 »

ciclo wrote:7E0937090B BCM installation

Preview. 11 pages

:arrow: View or download here
Hi ciclo,

Could you please help me with couple of questions related to this wiring. I have already installed BCM Max in my car and also installed RLS. My car is similar to the graaja's Polo TSI hence I would like to use your wiring diagram as a reference.

Q1: I will retain OEM halogen headlights (H7 dual beam), hence I won't need separate wiring for fog lights. Current foglight also act as static cornering lights. Would wiring diagram on the last page of this guide work for halogen headlights.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nv91 ... E1bk0/view

Q2: Could you please share part number for the relay holder used by you. I am finding it very difficult to find 4ho 951 253 c , is there an equivalent relay that is available easily?

Regards.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

antardaksh04 wrote:
Hi ciclo, ...
Hi antardaksh04

R1
Yes, the diagram covers all the possibilities (H4, H7, Bixenon) if you have correctly made the adaptation wiring for BCM Max.
Even if you want to install the Bixenon headlights later. Make your wiring exactly the same.
The BCM coding is what makes the difference.

R2
Relay holder (adapter). Beware, depends on Model Year of your 6R IND.

R3 :lol:
Any mini relay of 12V 25Amp. Example
antardaksh04
New

Post by antardaksh04 »

ciclo wrote: Hi antardaksh04
Hi ciclo,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response and clarification.

Regards.
antardaksh04
New

Post by antardaksh04 »

graaja wrote: [*]Route the DRL and parking light signals from headlight through firewall
Hi graaja,

Would you be able to tell the location from where you tapped negative terminal for DRL/Foglight wiring. Was it underneath dashboard or within engine bay.

Following diagram has location of earth points.

I have got socket for DRL (next to fog light) and have to prepare wiring harness. It would be good to know the OEM way to prepare wiring.
I will modify length of negative wire accordingly.

Regards.
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

antardaksh04 wrote:
graaja wrote: [*]Route the DRL and parking light signals from headlight through firewall
Hi graaja,

Would you be able to tell the location from where you tapped negative terminal for DRL/Foglight wiring. Was it underneath dashboard or within engine bay.

Following diagram has location of earth points.

I have got socket for DRL (next to fog light) and have to prepare wiring harness. It would be good to know the OEM way to prepare wiring.
I will modify length of negative wire accordingly.

Regards.
I took the -ve terminal from a bolt inside the engine bay. From your picture, I think it is #2.
Last edited by graaja on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
sivamani
New
Drives: polo tdi 2014

Post by sivamani »

Hi Ciclo,

Will the BCM Max - 7E0 937 090 works with my 2014 VW polo (Indian Module)?

Thank you
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Welcome sivamani.
Maybe ...
If it is your desire, open a new topic and provide all the information that is necessary. (read this topic please, or :arrow: this)
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

Update: New Windshield, RLS and Mirror Installed

I would like to thank Firegrafik for helping me source the components
I would like to thank Master Ciclo for helping me with the long coding for the RLS

This was a long pending task in the BiXenon upgrade. As I had explained earlier, I had totally botched up the RLS installation - both aesthetically and functionally. Aesthetically, the installation looked downright ugly as I had not applied the primer coating before sticking the RLS base because of which the irregular adhesive was visible through the windshield. Functionally, only half of the RLS was covered by the wipers and hence the rain sensing operation was not working - even when the glass was clear of water, due to water droplets on the sensor not covered by the wipers, the wipers used to running continuously. Below is a picture to recap the RLS installation.

Thanks to Firegrafik for helping me source the following parts: :)

3G0 857 511E SMA - Mirror
6C0 868 438 9B9 – Mirror cover upper
6C0 858 548A 9B9 – Mirror cover bottom
6C0 868 168A 9B9 – Mirror cover
5K7 955 559C - Rain-light sensor
8K0 971 833 - 8 pin connector for the mirror
000 979 034 E - Wires with pins meant for the mirror connector

I had two options to fix the new sensor and mirror to the windshield.

Option #1: Remove the old RLS base from the windshield, fix the new base to the windshield after applying a primer coating as per template. Firegrafik has done this which is documented in the below thread.

https://www.drive2.ru/l/9309752/

Option #2: Replace the windshield

As I was not very confident in executing Option #1, went ahead with Option #2, a new windshield. Got the windshield replaced by professionals. A few pictures of the windshield replacement.

Cutting through the windshield adhesive

Removing the windshield

Windshield removed

New windshield

The new windshield has the base for the RLS sensor, which was absent in the stock windshield in my car.

New windshield installed

Once the windshield was replaced, fixing the RLS and mirror was a breeze. The new RLS has the same connector and signals as the old one so it was a direct fit. For the new mirror, I used the connector and the wires to connect to +12V ignition signal and GND. I did not connect the reverse and door open signals. A few pictures of the RLS and mirror installation.

RLS fixed to the base.

Mirror fixed to the base. Mirror fixes to the base using a push and rotate action. It took significant force to rotate and lock. The mirror locked with a bang that for a moment I was afraid I had broken something! The spring lock of the RLS can be seen in this picture sandwiched between the mirror and the base.

RLS and mirror connectors fixed

Mirror cover that runs upto the roof liner and conceals the cables. There was one more piece of plastic insert that fixes to the roof liner. I have not fixed this yet as I have to make a proper cut to the roof liner.

Next was VCDS coding. Used long code "0728DD" for the RLS. Thanks Master Ciclo for providing the code :)

A few pictures of the result.

The RLS looks neat!

How things look from inside.

The view on the rear view mirror is quite good. In the night it has a very nice dimming action and absolutely no glare from the vehicles behind even if they are on high beam.

Took it to a detailer and had it detailed. A picture of my Grey GT with another friend's Red GT :D

And a video showing rain sensing wipers and auto headlight operations.