Upgrade H7 Headlights to BiXenons in Polo GT TSi

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
graaja
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GT TSi

Re: Upgrade H7 Headlights to BiXenons in Polo GT TSi

Post by graaja »

Thanks a lot for the appreciation :)

I have written a review on the DS611 in the below forum thread. I think it is a little similar to the RNS510.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-enter ... t-tsi.html

I got the complete setup with TPMS sensors for about $415. I have explained the installation details in the above thread.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

:shock: Excellent reports from both HU ... pleasantly surprised.ImageThank you very much.
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

ciclo wrote::shock: Excellent reports from both HU ... pleasantly surprised.ImageThank you very much.
Thanks a lot for your kind words :D
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

I found source for the BiXenons and BCM.

Bi Xenons
6R2941039D - http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/vw-aud ... -headlamp/
6R2941040D - http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/vw-aud ... -headlamp/

Are these BiXenons the right ones for the RHD car? Do these have the DRLs, cornering light and AFS support? The web page does not have any picture of the headlights, hence my doubt.

BCM
Found a couple of BCMs in eBay
BCM #1 - http://www.ebay.de/itm/Polo-Caravelle-S ... SwYmZXMgwL
BCM #2 - http://www.ebay.de/itm/Polo-Caravelle-S ... SwImRYGlgd

There is a note one one of the BCMs that it is new with a few light scratches. The other one has a note that it is new. Is it ok to get one of these?

I also found several BCMs in allcarpartsfast.co.uk site, but all these had so many suffixes like 7E0937090ZHJ, 7E0937090ZWM, 7E0937090ZWN etc., and these cost 230 pounds. What is the significance of the suffix? As they cost higher than the ones in eBay, are these completely new BCMs whereas eBay ones are not?

Appreciate your inputs on this. I wanted to place order for components that have a little longer delivery time.
JIC Cracked
Silver Member

Post by JIC Cracked »

Hi Graaja

If your looking for 6R Bi-Xenons Headlights RHD Or 6C GTI LED Headlights RHD.
I have both sets available, the sale selection complete with bulbs, ballast and adapters.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Graaja. Reference numbers for bixenon are OK (RHD, cornering, AFS, DRLs)

Well, I see that you're bent on installing Bixenon headlights and not Led headlights. In such case, you must buy this BCM and not other:

7E0937090B ZWN

The suffix (ZWN) is the most important part, it meets all production codes (PR-codes) for which this BCM is designed, such as, central locking frequencie, air conditioning system, lights configuration, radio type, etc ...

My recommendation is to buy it directly from the VW dealer, or on a website that offers you this suffix. Everything else is a lottery.
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

ciclo wrote:Graaja. Reference numbers for bixenon are OK (RHD, cornering, AFS, DRLs)

Well, I see that you're bent on installing Bixenon headlights and not Led headlights. In such case, you must buy this BCM and not other:

7E0937090B ZWN

The suffix (ZWN) is the most important part, it meets all production codes (PR-codes) for which this BCM is designed, such as, central locking frequencie, air conditioning system, lights configuration, radio type, etc ...

My recommendation is to buy it directly from the VW dealer, or on a website that offers you this suffix. Everything else is a lottery.
I had considered BiXenons as they had features like cornering lights (the cornering lights using fogs is useless) and AFS. If I go with LED headlights, do the LED headlights offer AFS for bend lighting? If I can get all the features in the LED headlights and if it works out easier to install, then I can definitely consider them. I will do some more search to get more details on the LED headlights.

Getting the BCM directly from VW dealer is ruled out, as the dealers in India do not offer such support. So I will have to get it online. I checked the exact 7E0937090B ZWN is available with an online store. If required I can get it there.

Also if I go for LED headlights, should I get the same 7E0937090B ZWN or would it be a different part?
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

JIC Cracked wrote:Hi Graaja

If your looking for 6R Bi-Xenons Headlights RHD Or 6C GTI LED Headlights RHD.
I have both sets available, the sale selection complete with bulbs, ballast and adapters.
Hi,

Are the Xenons and LEDs new or used? Can you provide me with details of pricing for both?
JIC Cracked
Silver Member

Post by JIC Cracked »

Hi

Both Xenon's and LED's are in used good condition, please PM directly for prices and shipping quotes
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

graaja wrote:
I had considered BiXenons as they had features like cornering lights (the cornering lights using fogs is useless) and AFS. If I go with LED headlights, do the LED headlights offer AFS for bend lighting? If I can get all the features in the LED headlights and if it works out easier to install, then I can definitely consider them. I will do some more search to get more details on the LED headlights.

Getting the BCM directly from VW dealer is ruled out, as the dealers in India do not offer such support. So I will have to get it online. I checked the exact 7E0937090B ZWN is available with an online store. If required I can get it there.

Also if I go for LED headlights, should I get the same 7E0937090B ZWN or would it be a different part?
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=68178&start=60#p515672

if LED Headlights viewtopic.php?f=56&t=69121#p515537

I have lost the diagrams of your 6R model trying to make an update of my 'program' ... my laptop is already too old :lol: . However I will try to help you in everything possible, but the process will be more detailed and slow. Be patient, I am immersed in four other processes.
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

ciclo wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=68178&start=60#p515672

if LED Headlights viewtopic.php?f=56&t=69121#p515537

I have lost the diagrams of your 6R model trying to make an update of my 'program' ... my laptop is already too old :lol: . However I will try to help you in everything possible, but the process will be more detailed and slow. Be patient, I am immersed in four other processes.
Oops. These laptops could really make things difficult sometimes. I too have faced this situation a few times in the past. Hope you recovered most of your information.

I will wait for you to complete your other projects and get some free time to help with my installation.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Please do the following tests:

Start the engine and turn on all lights (low beam, high beam, etc), remove the following fuses to visually inspect (out of the car :) ) the lights as follows.

1st test:
SB34
Remove the fuse
Inspect high beam (left / right /both...?), and warning light for high beam on the instrument cluster
Install the fuse
Tell me the result.

2nd test:
SB57
Remove the fuse
Inspect front parking/side lights (left / right...?)
Install the fuse
Tell me the result.

3rd test:
SB58
Remove the fuse
Inspect front parking/side lights (left / right...?)
Install the fuse
Tell me the result.

These tests are due to I do not have the diagrams of your car at this moment... and other things. :wink:
Depending on these results perhaps another test is needed.
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

ciclo wrote:
Please do the following tests:
Thanks Ciclo for the list of tests to be done. Please give me time till Thursday next week. I was asked to go on an unexpected business travel. I will do these tests as soon as I am back home and will provide you with detailed results.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Ok, take the time you need. :wink:
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

ciclo wrote:Please do the following tests:
Hi Ciclo,

Here are the test results.

Remove SB34:
High beam not functioning. The blue high beam icon on the instrument cluster not lighting up
Low beams functioning
No other errors on the instrument cluster
Parking lights and low beam functioning

Remove SB57:
Left side parking light not functioning
Right side parking light functioning
Both sides low beam and high beam functioning

Remove SB58:
Left side parking light functioning
Right side parking light not functioning
Both low and high beams functioning

As you had marked some other fuses, I also removed these and tried. Removing SB36 and SB39 did not have any effect. Everything was functioning.

Remove SB59:
Both parking lights functioning
Low beam not functioning
High beam functioning

Note: Right now, I have retrofitted projectors with a relay harness in my car. When I did the SB59 fuse test, when I turn on high beam the low beam also got on. Not sure if this is because of the relay harness turning on the ballasts for the low beam. If there is any ambiguity in the results, then I can install the OE H7 headlights and do the tests again.

Please let me know if you want me to do more tests.