Upgrade H7 Headlights to BiXenons in Polo GT TSi

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
graaja
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GT TSi

Re: Upgrade H7 Headlights to BiXenons in Polo GT TSi

Post by graaja »

ciclo wrote:To look if the wire is present (T73a/45) just takes a couple of minutes...Image
Yes. In the black connector T73a/45 is present. I guess this should be the wire from the headlight switch, that enables the backlight for the instrument cluster, HU etc.? I clicked some pictures, but could not get all the wire details in that cramped space.

As I could not open the complete trim below the steering wheel to access the fuse box, relay carrier and BCM area from the front, I had to access the connectors from the footwell (had to do some acrobatics to get to this area and almost sprained my back :D ). Is this the only way to access these connectors or is there some other way which I am missing? If I have to modify the wiring, then there should be a better way to do this. Please give me some pointers.

I have been trying in vain (for the past two weeks) to get the 7E0937090BZWN that you had recommended. I found one in allcarpartsfast, but they said it was listed by mistake and they do not have it. There are many other series being shown in their web - ZHJ, ZWM, ZHH, ZZZ. Will any of these suit my car?
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

graaja wrote:
ciclo wrote:To look if the wire is present (T73a/45) just takes a couple of minutes...Image
Yes. In the black connector T73a/45 is present.
That's good. So I had reason with my explanations (that it is part of a beautiful lost time for me). Sometimes things are not what they seem. :)

Therefore, if you pass the accepted challenge we continue talking, otherwise I will not continue helping you in the forum for you to manufacture your own wiring. For/due to your safety and that of your loved ones.

For other issues use the information you already have (including back problems... :lol:). Remember, this challenge is without questions.

Take pictures of everything, and do it in the best way that you know.
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

ciclo wrote: Therefore, if you pass the accepted challenge we continue talking, otherwise I will not continue helping you in the forum for you to manufacture your own wiring. For/due to your safety and that of your loved ones.

For other issues use the information you already have (including back problems... :lol:). Remember, this challenge is without questions.
Hi Ciclo,

I totally understand you are very busy and your time is very valuable. If the questions that arise from me not understanding certain things is wasting your time, I will stop wasting any more of your time. I will continue to pursue this project and try to finish it using information that you have already provided in this thread and other threads.

Thank you for all the time you have provided and for answering many of my questions patiently. I have lots of respect for your expertise and the amount of knowledge you have shared in this forum. I have decided not to trouble you anymore. If and when I am successful, I will update the thread with details.

Thank you once again friend!
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

My only intention is to know if you would be able to do this electrical installation. On the other hand it serves as an experience for other forum users.

However, now, I have read the private message you sent me and I will manufacture your wiring for what you wish to install.
(It will be an exceptional circumstance because I do not make shipments of wiring outside Europe)

Your wiring will be exactly as indicated in point B of this sale. It includes wiring adaptation for the new BCM Max and wiring for automatic lights. Please tell me if you are going to buy/install the required parts (Rain Light Sensor :?: with Dimming mirror :?: , Light Switch AUTO, Dimmer to switches/IC, anything else?) in addition to BCM Max and Bixenon.

I will send you my email by PM. :wink: (please be patient, thanks)
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

ciclo wrote:My only intention is to know if you would be able to do this electrical installation. On the other hand it serves as an experience for other forum users.

However, now, I have read the private message you sent me and I will manufacture your wiring for what you wish to install.
(It will be an exceptional circumstance because I do not make shipments of wiring outside Europe)

Your wiring will be exactly as indicated in point B of this sale. It includes wiring adaptation for the new BCM Max and wiring for automatic lights. Please tell me if you are going to buy/install the required parts (Rain Light Sensor :?: with Dimming mirror :?: , Light Switch AUTO, Dimmer to switches/IC, anything else?) in addition to BCM Max and Bixenon.

I will send you my email by PM. :wink: (please be patient, thanks)
Thanks Ciclo. I will still try to do this myself, but have a Plan-B of taking help from another electrical installer from local VW workshop. I will update this thread with all the details of the install with pictures for the benefit of other users as well.

I plan to buy and install the following over the next few months.

1. BCM Max
2. BiXenon headlights
3. Auto light switch with rain/light sensor and mirror
4. AFS
5. High beam assist with stalk

I will wait for your PM with details.

Thanks.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

1,2,3,4 = OK
5 = ?

plus...
6. Wiring for fog lights without BCM control -eBay-.
Due to Bixenon headlights with static cornering lights---> the same BCM pins as your current fog lights-, but different BCM coding.

As for 5
...so you want a wiring like that of point C of my sell. The wiring for HBA is more expensive.

HBA necessarily involves (in addition to stalks 7E0 and RLS 5K7 :!: )
7. Instrument cluster with MFA+
8. Mirror with camera (8G1) from T6.

Many money and difficulties for you to buy all these parts.... Are you sure you want HBA? :?: :?: :?:

The wiring of points B and C of my sell are not compatible. The concept is different, however the only difference is to control the High Beam.
All other functions are the same.

I know it's a difficult decision, but you have to decide if you want Light Assist (HBA) or not before deciding what wiring you want.

The reason for the wiring of point B is because it is compatible with BCM 7H0 and 7E0. A BCM 7H0 could not operate with wiring from point C of my sell.

As you can see there are many conditions/factors to consider (people say my wiring is a mess .... hahaha! ... and I wonder if there are not multiple things of every condition in this life). I have tried to reduce everything to a simple decision, Light Assist or not.

To keep in mind: The money (ofc) and the possibilities of each one to get the necessary parts.
I have always read that getting certain VW parts in India is difficult or impossible.
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

ciclo wrote: As for 5
...so you want a wiring like that of point C of my sell. The wiring for HBA is more expensive.

HBA necessarily involves (in addition to stalks 7E0 and RLS 5K7 :!: )
7. Instrument cluster with MFA+
8. Mirror with camera (8G1) from T6.

Many money and difficulties for you to buy all these parts.... Are you sure you want HBA? :?: :?: :?:
If HBA introduces so much complication, I will drop that. I had it at the last of the list as it is not important.
ciclo wrote: The reason for the wiring of point B is because it is compatible with BCM 7H0 and 7E0. A BCM 7H0 could not operate with wiring from point C of my sell.

I have always read that getting certain VW parts in India is difficult or impossible.
You are correct. Getting parts in india is not just difficult, but impossible :D I have to get everything from EU. I have been searching in vain to get the 7E0 BCM. But I found some sources for 7H0 BCM. So, let us go with option B and drop the HBA from the list, so that I can use 7H0 BCM.

ciclo wrote: plus...
6. Wiring for fog lights without BCM control -eBay-.
Due to Bixenon headlights with static cornering lights---> the same BCM pins as your current fog lights-, but different BCM coding.
Could you please point me to a link to fog light wiring set without BCM control?
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

Just now, received a mail from a VW parts supplier that he has 7H0937090. I checked ETKA and found that 7H0937090D has the same options as the 6R0937087R that is present in my car.

From ETKA:
6R0 937 087 R
434MHz
PR Code: 8K0 = Without special headlight activation

7H0 937 090 D
434MHz
PRCode: 8K3 = Separate daytime running lights with low beam assistant and Coming Home feature

This BCM is also listed for POLO / Vento IND. So 7H0937090D should be good for this project, right?

There are various suffixes available within this series - 7H0937090D000, 7H0937090DZ3D, 7H0937090DZ0D. Can you please suggest which one I should buy.

Thanks.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

graaja wrote:
This BCM is also listed for POLO / Vento IND. So 7H0937090D should be good for this project, right?
NO That's the first thing I told you

It should be 7E0.

Your 6R is a 2016 MY, look for the BCM for the Sedan 6R (Russian) model from those dates onwards. So...viewtopic.php?f=56&t=69121&start=15#p515649

For your fog lights you would need this wiring but with this connector model. Therefore this wiring. :lol: :lol: :lol: (It is not the same as for the 6R Europe 2009-2014)

Ok, wiring looms without Light Assist. :)

With you, I do not know if laugh or cry right now.

ImageImage
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

ciclo wrote: With you, I do not know if laugh or cry right now.
Believe me, even I am in the same situation, even I do not know if I should laugh or cry of this situation :D

Yes. You did tell me I need to get 7E0 (I did not forget that), and that is exactly what I have been trying to do the past 3 weeks!!! Every site I could find has 7H0, but not 7E0!!! I found one site that had 7E0 listed, but when I placed the order, this is the email I received from them.
There's something strange about those part numbers. They must exist in the VW parts file, in order for them to be listed on our site. But our distributor can't supply any of them. Sorry about that, I'm not sure what the situation is with those.
I found some 7E0's in eBay, but they are mostly used ones and just 7E0937090 (no suffixes), which you have advised could be risky! The VW dealers in India are useless. I will continue my search for the 7E0.

Thanks for the other info. Now I have the details for all the other parts except the BCM.
Last edited by graaja on Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

When the need is high, I'm sure someone from us in Europe here will help you to find a suitable bcm at our dealers and ship it to you.

I fully agree that 7E0 is the only suitable part but in used bcm, the z code is often not known. This makes it very difficult to find the correct one...
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

iichel wrote:When the need is high, I'm sure someone from us in Europe here will help you to find a suitable bcm at our dealers and ship it to you.

I fully agree that 7E0 is the only suitable part but in used bcm, the z code is often not known. This makes it very difficult to find the correct one...
Thanks a lot, iichel. I would be very grateful for the help :)
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

https://www.avito.ru/moskva/zapchasti_i ... _826961999

This would be the second-hand BCM with which you would take less risks without knowing the suffix. (In terms of production codes)

7500 Russian rubles are approximately 115 euros.

Maybe firegrafik can help you with this purchase. (Translations and others)
firegrafik
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R 1,6MPI(CFNA) sedan

Post by firegrafik »

ciclo wrote:https://www.avito.ru/moskva/zapchasti_i ... _826961999

This would be the second-hand BCM with which you would take less risks without knowing the suffix. (In terms of production codes)

Yes, I can help. On this link seller wrote it is the new BCM. I suppose there could be possible to get the several new BCMs.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

firegrafik wrote:
ciclo wrote:https://www.avito.ru/moskva/zapchasti_i ... _826961999

Yes, I can help. On this link seller wrote it is the new BCM. I suppose there could be possible to get the several new BCMs.
Good news!! 8)