How do you apartment dwellers wash your cars?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
derkie54
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 1.0 110PS TSI SEL 5 Door

Re: How do you apartment dwellers wash your cars?

Post by derkie54 »

Wash it yourself at a garage and wax it at home or use multiple buckets at home to wash, not many other options.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Stu, one of the options is the expensive option; take it to one of the car detailing firms who also do maintenance washes as one of their services.

Some of these are mobile, so would come to you. Typically, they would charge around £50 for a 2 - 2.5 hour valet, but the price can vary, depending upon what they do (e.g. whether they do the interior as well as exterior, whether or not they dress the plastics etc.).

If you're still going to be living in the Birmingham area, I've just done a quick 'Google' and there are lots of car detailing/valenting companies in the West Midlands that offer maintenance washes as one of their services.
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I seem to remember seeing "pump up back pack washer sprayers" for sale some where, or you could just buy a big one from a garden centre - that would take care of the rinsing?
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

RUM4MO wrote:I seem to remember seeing "pump up back pack washer sprayers" for sale some where, or you could just buy a big one from a garden centre - that would take care of the rinsing?
I used one of these a few years back during a drought period when there was a hosepipe ban. It worked pretty well.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

You can get a battery powered pressure washer with a built in water tank. My mate has one and its very cool
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

I think the backpack things are your best bet. Alternatively, find a mate with a driveway! I wash mine whenever I go to my parents- plenty of space, and I leave all the cleaning products in their house so they're not cluttering up mine :lol:
skymera
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 R-Line TDi

Post by skymera »

I use a single 25L bucket of water with AutoGlym shampoo filled 3/4 of the way (with a grit guard of course).

I wash and wax panel by panel starting from high to low. Roof, windscreen, bonnet and then work your way around.

Wash a panel. Spray wax and buff to a nice shine. Move on. No jet wash required. You don't need multiple buckets of water to rinse off.

I'm able to wash and wax the outside, do the wheels / tyres and clean the interior in little under 2.5-3 hours depending how bad it is.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

skymera, just a tip, maybe the 2-bucket method will help to avoid some swirls
skymera
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 R-Line TDi

Post by skymera »

iichel wrote:skymera, just a tip, maybe the 2-bucket method will help to avoid some swirls
No tip required. I've washed every fortnight since March and yet to notice any swirls. The grit guard ensures the majority of grit stays at the bottom.
Good enough for me :wink:
boydeee
New
Drives: Mk7 Golf GTI PP

Re: RE: Re: How do you apartment dwellers wash your cars?

Post by boydeee »

vc-10 wrote:I think the backpack things are your best bet. Alternatively, find a mate with a driveway! I wash mine whenever I go to my parents- plenty of space, and I leave all the cleaning products in their house so they're not cluttering up mine [emoji38]
This! I had two mates who worked the same shift pattern as me and they both let me wash my car on their driveways if that's a possibility?
When I lived in a flat one of my neighbours had one of the packs and it was a great bit of kit!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk