Arm rest wanted

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
2015_polo
Getting There!
Drives: 2015 6c polo

Re: Arm rest wanted

Post by 2015_polo »

hjgtiger wrote:Latest text asking for £4.52 'importation charges' to pay DHL before delivery.
That's not too bAd , didn't realise you had to pay that when it's coming from china but I know stuff coming from USA. You need to pay duty tax on before they will deliver it could be same thing then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I remember being involved with a group buy of jack stands from USA, it could have been DHL, at a special price which considering the weights was probably a lot cheaper to ship than Parcelforce etc, plus they took less than 24 hours to, get uplifted from factory > fly to USAtoUK despatch point > fly into UK > fly up North > delivered by local DHL! Just shows you what is possible! When my oldest daughter worked in Australia, we sent some small stuff out to her by Parcelforce International Express, it took a few days to get out of UK and into Australia, then it took maybe 5 or 6 weeks to get moved out of "Oz mails" main distribution point across to Perth - rank amateurs!!
hjgtiger
New
Drives: Dec 2016 White Gti auto

Post by hjgtiger »

2015_polo wrote:
hjgtiger wrote:Latest text asking for £4.52 'importation charges' to pay DHL before delivery.
That's not too bAd , didn't realise you had to pay that when it's coming from china but I know stuff coming from USA. You need to pay duty tax on before they will deliver it could be same thing then

The charge is just VAT based on what the supplier put as the value - they said they would try to keep it low.
I found a site where you can calculate import duty & other taxes, you put in exporting country, importing country, cost, delivery charges and it tells you what you owe in duty and VAT.
2015_polo
Getting There!

Post by 2015_polo »

hjgtiger wrote:
2015_polo wrote:

The charge is just VAT based on what the supplier put as the value - they said they would try to keep it low.
I found a site where you can calculate import duty & other taxes, you put in exporting country, importing country, cost, delivery charges and it tells you what you owe in duty and VAT.
Ah I see that's not bad then £4 off isn't much to be honest could be worse .... what's the website

hjgtiger
New

Post by hjgtiger »

Arrived today, looks undamaged and was quite well packed. Will start to play this pm, but some plastic prying tools orders from eBay have not arrived - yet, might wait til tomorrow before getting properly stuck-in!
2015_polo
Getting There!

Post by 2015_polo »

hjgtiger wrote:Arrived today, looks undamaged and was quite well packed. Will start to play this pm, but some plastic prying tools orders from eBay have not arrived - yet, might wait til tomorrow before getting properly stuck-in!
I use Bergen trim tools £20 from eBay there brilliant

hjgtiger
New

Post by hjgtiger »

Here's the kit

This pic shows why it is going to be necessary to loosen off all of the centre console fixings to enable the back of console to be lifted a fair bit to get alloy mount in. With the cold weather too 'iffy' to bend the plastic too much.

Looks like I'll have to us laptop to insert my pics!!
Last edited by hjgtiger on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015_polo
Getting There!

Post by 2015_polo »

hjgtiger wrote:Here's the kit

[img][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e127/ ... tfp1lf.jpg[/img][/img]

This pic shows why it is going to be necessary to loosen off all of the centre console fixings to enable the back of console to be lifted a fair bit to get alloy mount in. With the cold weather too 'iffy' to bend the plastic too much.

[img][IMG]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e127/ ... tqhdjf.jpg[/img][/img]

I thought the pics would be embedded - done something wrong!
Yeah pics not worked it might just be as good to take all the fixings out if you feel the plastic may break better to take an extra 10 mins than break stuff

hjgtiger
New

Post by hjgtiger »

Got pics in using laptop, so that's what I'll need to use
hjgtiger
New

Post by hjgtiger »

@2015_polo

Brain picking time - if I may.
How does the touch-screen surround come off? The lower heat/aircon control surround is easy - just fingernail pull but the upper surround traps the top of it.
I tried gently eith a prising tool (yes they arrived) but it seems pretty 'tight'.
2015_polo
Getting There!

Post by 2015_polo »

hjgtiger wrote:@2015_polo

Brain picking time - if I may.
How does the touch-screen surround come off? The lower heat/aircon control surround is easy - just fingernail pull but the upper surround traps the top of it.
I tried gently eith a prising tool (yes they arrived) but it seems pretty 'tight'.
Best way is see in the boot there's the pick for removing your wheel bolt caps well on the touch screen surround at the bottom there is two cut outs if you is the pick in the cut outs and pull forward it comes out that's what I do

hjgtiger
New

Post by hjgtiger »

Ty I'll have a look

Tried pulling but the trim 'feels' rock solid - last thing I want to fo is crack the plastic.
I think I might be able to get at the 2 screws by just pulling out the bottom of the a/c surround but will need to make an L-shaped T20 torx tool as there is no room to get a 'screwdriver' in. I will photo if sccessful.

Forget that.
Got touch screen trim off - starting at the top corners then it was easy. Got bottom trim off, removed 2 screws there and the two under the gear lever trim BUT the centre console cover seems reluctant to come off. Under the 'stick' cover it says push down 2 tags and pull straight back - what do the tags do?

It's off with B/@@dy good tug. But whst do I find - the side screws holding the console down are not fitted - design change or error??? Lunch now get back to it pm.

FINISHED!

I'll post pics later.