Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Ash6R
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 1.2 TSI SEL

Devils Eye/Headlight Stripe

Post by Ash6R »

I was wondering if anyone here have applied these to their Polo:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Devil-Eye-Sch ... Swkx5XEO1L

Looks pretty nice imo, wondering if there worth it or if i should just buy some red vinyl and make my own ones.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Devils Eye/Headlight Stripe

Post by SRGTD »

For it to look good, I think you'd need to have the red stripe running along the bottom of the grille too (like the GTI).

Difficult to tell if it would look good from the eBay ad. The picture in the ad (of a mk7 Golf R, not a Polo) looks like a photoshop effort, and with the Devil Eye red stripe being the only red on the front of the car in the picture, I think it looks a bit odd; just my opinion though.
Ash6R
Bronze Member

Post by Ash6R »

SRGTD wrote:For it to look good, I think you'd need to have the red stripe running along the bottom of the grille too (like the GTI).
Yeah i just installed the GTI Grille on my polo, looks pretty sweet :D. I was also concerned about the picture as it shows only the golf with the stripe, so i did a quick photoshop edit of the stripe on my car and i think compliments the grille a lot.

http://imgur.com/a/1LbLi

What do you think?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I think that looks quite good, as long as the Devil Eye headlight stripe is pretty much the same shade of red as the red stripes on the grille.
Ash6R
Bronze Member

Post by Ash6R »

Thanks for the feedback :D
Yeah i think the color should be OK, on eBay it says its 8mm thick which should line up with the width of the grille as well. Might order it tonight. :D
wrecksigge
Getting There!
Drives: 2012 Polo GTI

Post by wrecksigge »

I was sceptical at first, but when i saw your photoshopped picture i thought it looked awesome! Go for it man! As long as its the same shade of red colour as mentioned Before :) Too bad i have a red GTI, it wont stand out as much as it will on your white polo!