Driver's seat creaking and door rattles on incline?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
emmanuelb94
New
Drives: 2015 Polo Highline 1.2TSI

Driver's seat creaking and door rattles on incline?

Post by emmanuelb94 »

It's just that really, I'm absolutely in love with my Polo but it developed a creaking sound in the driver's seat that's driving me crazy, and there's a creak/rattle, very feint, when going down an incline.

I haven't found much information, especially about causes and fixes. Anybody got these and then got rid of them?
derkie54
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 1.0 110PS TSI SEL 5 Door

Re: Driver's seat creaking and door rattles on incline?

Post by derkie54 »

Creaks and rattles are always hard to find, have you tried a bit of WD40 on any links and mechanisms. Could it be a bit of plastic trim rubbing that you could trim off with a knife.
My Polo made a flapping noise when I was on smooth roads, a bit like something stuck on the tyre as it changed with the speed of the vehicle. I couldn't find anything so left it for a while and it seems to have stopped. I don't know what is was but if something was rubbing has it rubbed to the point that it's not touching anymore or has a bit of the inevitable rust or dirt collected which has stopped something from moving or rattling (I've now done 5000 miles)
A lot of cars creak and rattle at times, these noises come and go but I do think the Polo is better than a few other cars I've been in.