Auto Folding Mirrors

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Auto Folding Mirrors

Post by Ricmondo »

Whilst auto folding as I locked the doors my drivers side mirror made a loud cracking noise and now will not budge from the unfolded position.

I will be taking the car back to the dealer but meanwhile has anybody knowledge of common faults in the system?
derkie54
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 Polo 1.0 110PS TSI SEL 5 Door

Re: Auto Folding Mirrors

Post by derkie54 »

Before the winter sets in when everything is frozen up in the mornings I turn off the folding mirror facility with the infotainment unit.
Ricmondo
Gold Member

Post by Ricmondo »

I'm one of those weird blokes who fills his garage with car rather than rubbish so it's never a Polar Polo so whilst this cold snap is playing havoc with my joints I don't think cold is a factor in this instance.

Thanks for your suggestion though, all advice is greatly appreciated.
Oli3000
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 1.0tsi 110 6spd man SEL

Post by Oli3000 »

Mine lives outside (unfortunately). Freezing temperatures seem to have zero impact.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Ricmondo wrote:I'm one of those weird blokes who fills his garage with car rather than rubbish so it's never a Polar Polo so whilst this cold snap is playing havoc with my joints I don't think cold is a factor in this instance.

Thanks for your suggestion though, all advice is greatly appreciated.
Ha Ha, same here, it makes life a lot easier! I've no answer for your initial question though as messing with that assembly if the car is still under warranty might cost you, but you know that I think.
Ricmondo
Gold Member

Post by Ricmondo »

Yes, I'm going to inch my way towards the local Inchcape and try to bite my lip whilst they spout their usual nonsense, sorry I meant to say well considered, accurate and incisive technical advice. As usual whilst I've had plenty of time the car has been faultless, now, just as builders are apart to tear my place apart and empty my piggy bank in the process there is a fault to address....life's like that isn't it.
Ricmondo
Gold Member

Post by Ricmondo »

Haven't used the car since the mirror failed but when I woke it up today it flapped its mirrors at me like a blue dachshund puppy and all seems to be well. It is warmer today, perhaps it is temperature sensitive, a bit like me!
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that it more likely to be down to training, you must make it understand what you expect of it before it gets too set in its ways!
Ricmondo
Gold Member

Post by Ricmondo »

Tried that over the past 46 years with her indoors, no luck yet.