GVN60 Kenwood Nav

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
jb182
New
Drives: Bluegt 2015

GVN60 Kenwood Nav

Post by jb182 »

Hi all

Has anyone had the GVN60 Kenwood Sat nav installed? If so do you know where it is located under the dashboard. I know it's under it somewhere but can't find it to do a firmware update on.

Any advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by jb182 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philmar
New
Drives: Blue GT 6c

Re: GVN60 Kenwood Nav

Post by Philmar »

It is probably at the rear of the glove box,you will have to reposition it to get at the sd card slot,suggest you fix it to the underside of the glove box with Velcro it will make things easier for the next time you need to get at it.
jb182
New
Drives: Bluegt 2015

Post by jb182 »

Thanks for the response. Appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave_C
New
Drives: 1.2TSi Match

Post by Dave_C »

My wife's GVN60 is now reporting that the maps are out of date, with a link to the Garmin web page. When I visit that I discover that there is no update available yet!
Dave_C
New
Drives: 1.2TSi Match

Post by Dave_C »

The plot thickens, Garmin tell me that an update is available: City Navigator® Europe NTU 2017-Kenwood MSD
Kenwood acknowledge this but say it is not available online. I contacted my local Kenwood Dealer - he hasn't got it and can't get it!

Garmin also tell me "This is the last available mapping for your device."

The device is only 18 months old but the maps can't be updated. I feel it was sold under false pretences. What are the chances that those of us who were conned into buying it will be offered a replacement device that does offer map updates for a significantly reduced price (including fitting charges)?

What do you think I should do next?