Auto folding mirrors and 'that' cable to connect car

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Durianix
New
Drives: 6R

Auto folding mirrors and 'that' cable to connect car

Post by Durianix »

Good evening everyone.

I have recently bought my first car Polo 6r 1.4 Petrol and I am very excited about this car, however the car has pretty basic features and I would like to change that. At first I thought I would start with changing mirrors for the auto folding mirrors, so I went to the VW dealer and asked for a quote. £774 only for parts!

I am not willing to pay that much, so I did a little research and found these on ebay : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Geniue-VW-Pol ... 1943862397

From what I can see I can get the same parts for £250 instead of £770, but I am not sure whether those will fit to my car because the part number is different and to be honest - I have not got clue how to read it, so if someone could have a look at these, please tell me whether they will fit and work as good as the brand new ones. Other than that, I am not sure, but some additional wiring will be required, right?

Here is the quote I got from VW dealer:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-XHZK ... sp=sharing

Thank you very much for your time!

EDIT:

Can anyone recommend me a cable that will allow me to make changes to the car?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Auto folding mirrors and 'that' cable to connect car

Post by RUM4MO »

A suitable tool for making changes to your car is VCDS and you can buy it from lots of places including Ilexa and Gendan for roughly £225.
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

The eBay offer seems ok - and it will fit your car
The challenge is to find the right coding for the mirrors when they are installed - Google can help you using the parts numbers of the new window regulator motors. And you will also need some wiring.
Durianix
New
Drives: 6R

Post by Durianix »

peter_dk25 wrote:The eBay offer seems ok - and it will fit your car
The challenge is to find the right coding for the mirrors when they are installed - Google can help you using the parts numbers of the new window regulator motors. And you will also need some wiring.
Does it mean that there are several codings for certain mirrors based on the part number? Or there is one way to do it and I only have to find it.
RUM4MO wrote:A suitable tool for making changes to your car is VCDS and you can buy it from lots of places including Ilexa and Gendan for roughly £225.
Thank you for sparing me some of your time!
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

The coding depends of the motors - not the mirrors.
Read this:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&start=330#p481352