New polo 2017 March ??

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
haflidij
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4 2013 6R

New polo 2017 March ??

Post by haflidij »

Do you guys have any clue on how the new polo is going to look like ?.
I found this one website : https://www.carwow.co.uk/news/volkswage ... -date-3041
It looks really similar except the front bumper on the photos atleast but i dont know if they are legit or just a speculation.
Planning on waiting now and buying the newest model of a GTI when it comes.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New polo 2017 March ??

Post by SRGTD »

I don't think VW have released any images yet; those pictures at the link to Carwow that you've posted are just speculative renderings of what it might look like.

VW's approach to design tends to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary, so I doubt the all new next generation model will be radically different, but will probably include some new design elements that will also be reflected across the wider VW vehicle range as other models are relaunched.

Historically, when VW have launched an all new model, I don't think the 'hot' (GTI) version forms part of the model range at launch date, but it follows some months later. Many other manufacturers also do this. Therefore, if VW adopt this approach with the next generation Polo, we might not see the GTI version until some time next year.
haflidij
Silver Member

Post by haflidij »

SRGTD wrote:I don't think VW have released any images yet; those pictures at the link to Carwow that you've posted are just speculative renderings of what it might look like.

VW's approach to design tends to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary, so I doubt the all new next generation model will be radically different, but will probably include some new design elements that will also be reflected across the wider VW vehicle range as other models are relaunched.

Historically, when VW have launched an all new model, I don't think the 'hot' (GTI) version forms part of the model range at launch date, but it follows some months later. Many other manufacturers also do this. Therefore, if VW adopt this approach with the next generation Polo, we might not see the GTI version until some time next year.
Yeah i asked a guy who works at the vw dealer and he said that the new polo will have the same amount of gap between the wheels as the golf currently has. And that the new gti may have a 2.0 liter engine same as in the golf gti. But i kinda like the design the polo gti has going right now so im probably not going to wait until next year to buy it.
Malcolm Scott
New
Drives: 2010 (60) 1.2 SEL TSI

Post by Malcolm Scott »

Some photographs of a car which is believed to be the 2018 model have recently surfaced and can be found here:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-c ... ord-fiesta
haflidij
Silver Member

Post by haflidij »

Malcolm Scott wrote:Some photographs of a car which is believed to be the 2018 model have recently surfaced and can be found here:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-c ... ord-fiesta
Oh yes i just saw this article 2 days ago , I was going to update this thread. But thank you for posting this.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

With VW's evolutionary design approach to the next generation of their cars, it looks quite similar to the current Polo, which isn't such a bad thing IMO.

With an official launch at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September, I suspect it'll be late spring next year before we see it on UK roads.