Vw Polo 6R dash indicator not working.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
gocherhaz
New
Drives: 6r

Vw Polo 6R dash indicator not working.

Post by gocherhaz »

Hello. The right indicator doesn't seem to work but if it does it works for like 3 seconds then doesn't work. Doesn't seem to be a bulb problem. Any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Vw Polo 6R dash indicator not working.

Post by RUM4MO »

Maybe you need to confirm that it is not only the dashboard indicator "tell tail" but also the external indicators on that side - or the external indicators work okay but the dashboard "tell tail" does not!

Also, when this is happening, try the hazards switch and make sure that if it is the external indicators as well, do they work okay when used as hazards lights and not indicators.

Edit:- what experience do I have on this topic? Well hopefully not in any way related, but my wife's old 2003MY Polo, when it was about 6 years old, suddenly had this problem, replacing and swopping bulbs did nothing though it was intermittent at first! Eventually I discovered that it must be due to a bad design of front indicator bulb mountings in the headlight - that car had a bulb mounting sub assembly that you removed with the bulb to replace it, what I ended up doing was to run two wires from the bulb mounting sub assembly down to where it made contact with the head lamp assembly - and that sorted it for good - well for the remaining 7 years we ran that car! The lengths of wire I used were long enough so that anyone could still extract the bulb mounting sub assembly out far enough to replace the bulb.

Another Edit:- though in that case, ie intermittent open circuit bulb, maybe the indicator "tell tail" flashed faster when that fault was there - not flashing or the "tell tail" staying ON or OFF might point to a circuit overload - like a short circuit? How does your car's indicators react when you remove a bulb, you could check that out.