2010 Polo, AUX Input not working?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
TsarPolo
New
Drives: Polo 2010, 1.6 TDI SE (5 Door)

2010 Polo, AUX Input not working?

Post by TsarPolo »

Hi guys,

I have recently purchased a 2010 Polo, 1.6 TDI 5 door. I stupidly didn't test the AUX before buying the car and just assumed it would work as it's a pretty simple thing. Turns out it doesn't work. I have enabled the AUX setting on the radio itself, but whenever I plug in anything it doesn't put out any sound.

My brother did plug in his VCDS earlier, I believe there was a fault code of AUX Input Open circuit? It was quite late so we didn't have time to have an in-depth look, but from that does anyone know what it could be, I am assuming that could be a connector is unplugged somewhere? Worth taking the radio out and checking the connections?

Thanks greatly in advance for any replies or solutions.

Cheers guys
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Re: 2010 Polo, AUX Input not working?

Post by peter_dk25 »

Which radio unit do you have?
TsarPolo
New

Post by TsarPolo »

peter_dk25 wrote:Which radio unit do you have?
It's an RCD310 I am pretty sure.

Although I think I have kind of solved the issue but not really. I took the radio out and noticed there was a blue plug not connected into the back of the radio. So I hooked that back up and the AUX was working again. So I thought happy days, it's all sorted. Left the car and came back to it 2 hours later to go out, and the car wouldn't start... Battery was flat??

So seemingly someone had disconnected it for that reason. Though I am struggling to understand how it would cause the battery to go flat so fast and how the previous owner would've traced that issue back to this one connector. Any ideas?

(Side note: some of the other wiring was taped up, upon untaping these wires it looks like someone had soldered on another connector at some stage in the cars life and since taken it off before selling the car i guess)
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

Pictures??
TsarPolo
New

Post by TsarPolo »

peter_dk25 wrote:Pictures??
I took some pictures of the blue connector and the radio unit information sticker. The blue connector in the pictures is the one i plugged in to get the AUX working and seemingly the one that must've caused the battery to drain. In the background of the pictures you can see the taped up wires. Brown wire & yellow/red wires had been stripped and something soldered onto them. Though I can't imagine those are the issue as they are part of the wiring that had always been connected to the radio before this happened.

http://imgur.com/a/aY6vH (Pictures)
Atlanntas
New
Drives: 6R (Mk5) 1199cc TDI

Post by Atlanntas »

Check for circuit continuity where it shouldn't be. Like for example between the blue connector's GND and signal pins.

Could current be somehow leaking from your anti-theft control signal wire? I've read somewhere it should be hot with 12V.