RNS 310 map update to get postcode

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

RNS 310 map update to get postcode

Post by Willni »

Hello,

Just got another RNS 310 as I put my old one in the golf, but now the one in the polo doesn't have the 7 digit post code, as it's not updated anyone know where to get it updated other than the dealer as I'd like to get it as cheap as possible.

Thank you
EdwardBall
New
Drives: Lowered Polo 6R

Re: RNS 310 map update to get postcode

Post by EdwardBall »

You can update the RNS 310 yourself as long as you're proficient in burning firmware to a CD. Then you just pop it in and it self updates. Depending on your current version, you have to update it one update at a time, and some won't be necessary, depending on your current version. If you long hold the 'setup' button when on, and post your software version, I may be able to assist you further in terms of which ones you need. If you want the same functionality as your other one, perhaps see what software that one is running, so I can provide you the information required to match them.

EDIT: It seems that some of the older RNS 310s won't accecpt 7 digit postcodes, and that no firmware updating will change that. You'll most likely have to switch for a later model I'm afraid.
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

EdwardBall wrote:You can update the RNS 310 yourself as long as you're proficient in burning firmware to a CD. Then you just pop it in and it self updates. Depending on your current version, you have to update it one update at a time, and some won't be necessary, depending on your current version. If you long hold the 'setup' button when on, and post your software version, I may be able to assist you further in terms of which ones you need. If you want the same functionality as your other one, perhaps see what software that one is running, so I can provide you the information required to match them.

EDIT: It seems that some of the older RNS 310s won't accecpt 7 digit postcodes, and that no firmware updating will change that. You'll most likely have to switch for a later model I'm afraid.
Thanks Edward, luckily just removed both models there as I'm doing work to the golf, and they're both the later technisat units. Ones just updated more than the other, in the mean time this will have to wait as I'm waiting for a canbus gateway to put the one without the 7 digit into the golf so it'll be a couple of days :(
EdwardBall
New
Drives: Lowered Polo 6R

Post by EdwardBall »

That must mean my information is wrong, which if good for you, bad for me! :D Once you have installed your new CAN gateway let me know and I can guide you through the process.
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

EdwardBall wrote:That must mean my information is wrong, which if good for you, bad for me! :D Once you have installed your new CAN gateway let me know and I can guide you through the process.
Installed both there the other day and only got round to getting the versions off it there now :oops: ;

Part Number 3c0035279
Software Version 0010
System Hardware version H05
Navigation data basis V01

Apparently this must never have been updated :cry: